BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Quote Originally Posted by confoo22 View Post
    Uh, there was a full on criminal investigation into how they acquired the phone including warrants issued, the searching of one of Gawker's editor's homes, questioning of the person who found and sold the phone, and ultimately Apple asked for the device back, which Gawker gave to them. The only reason that Apple didn't sue, which I take it is what you mean by "didn't do anything" is because it was determined that someone at the company had lost it and therefore it was not "stolen property," so therefore there was no criminal activity. It's seriously laughable that you would act like Apple is some kind of PR whiz considering they recently sued Samsung for $2.5 BILLION over the Galaxy SIII, with one of the complaints being that their phones were similarly shaped to an ipad.

And PS: GW isn't suing Natfka, they sent a takedown notice to Google asking them to remove a single post on Natfka's site. It was Google who made the ultimate decision to take down the site.
    Didn't say Apple was amazing at PR. I just said they were better at it than GW. Which was my backhanded point. I mean, Apple's sued a Chinese noodle company over Trademark infringement. Why do you think I chose them as an example? They're notoriously litigious and yet...similar situation and they didn't sue. They tried criminal charges and that failed. Civil charges might have stuck because it's generally easier to convict in a civil trial, but they didn't pursue it.

Still, you're right. It's not a great example.
    Last edited by AnEnemy; 04-30-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Gary (Naftka) just released a video on his youtube channel, stating that the [url=http://masterminis.blogspot.de/2013/05/faeit-212-update-back-within-next-few.html]Faeit 212 will be back within a week. [/url]

He states that it will be - as expected - a stand-alone blog site so as to avoid future 'easy takedowns' by DMCA claims against Google/Blogger.

Also, he explains that the site will be 'bigger and better' and going above and beyond the quality content we already came to enjoy.

Faeit 212 'on steroids' - take that GW!

Chapter-Master

Does that mean he'll start using complete sentences when posting rumors?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021