BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

this may be what brought Faeit 212 down

[url]http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512c/notice.cgi?NoticeID=928410[/url]

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by natfka View Post
    the notices I have received from Blogger are for individual posts, and declares that those particular posts are removed to draft status. Nothing from either Games Workshop or Blogger about the removal of the blog itself.

I will continue posting, and things will continue. so stay tuned.
    until then I will be posting up on my youtube channel.

Good news then!

Which is your youtube channel?
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by natfka View Post
    the notices I have received from Blogger are for individual posts, and declares that those particular posts are removed to draft status. Nothing from either Games Workshop or Blogger about the removal of the blog itself.

I will continue posting, and things will continue. so stay tuned.
    until then I will be posting up on my youtube channel.
    Nafka, You run on australian servers correct?

If so please send this to GW with a giant F*CK OFF! sign

[url]http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ca1968133/[/url]

Fair dealing for purpose of reporting news
    (1) A fair dealing with a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, or with an adaptation of a literary, dramatic or musical work, does not constitute an infringement of the copyright in the work if:

(a) it is for the purpose of, or is associated with, the reporting of news in a newspaper, magazine or similar periodical and a sufficient acknowledgement of the work is made; or

(b) it is for the purpose of, or is associated with, the reporting of news by means of a communication or in a cinematograph film.

(2) The playing of a musical work in the course of reporting news by means of a communication or in a cinematograph film is not a fair dealing with the work for the purposes of this section if the playing of the work does not form part of the news being reported.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Nafka, You run on australian servers correct?

If so please send this to GW with a giant F*CK OFF! sign
    God Bless, the Lucky Country.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by The Madman View Post
    GW need to get with the times already and start revealing their future releases online and not in a monthly magazine that only their most dedicated fans are going to buy. seriously, I've only bought the most recent White Dwarfs because of sites like Faeit212 have shown me what's coming up. White Dwarf should be an extension of the hobby not a method to bring in more customers because I'm pretty sure people today aren't going to throw £5.50 at a hobby magazine they know nothing about (and hell the magazine is written for the more seasoned hobbyist) rather then look at their website.

those 30+ pages they wasted having a model w*** could go towards actual hobby articles about making terrain or new rules for variations like Chapter Approved.
    But that's exactly what WD has turned into since the new editor took over...
    White Dwarf isn't really a hoby magazine any more. The few pages of articles are there only to give the impression that it is. It has been turned into a catalogue of buy-us-now products and nothing else. Call me old fashioned, but to me, after the new team steped in, WD has died. I miss the old, characteristic logo on the front cover... the drawn art just below it... the old battle reports with maps, "arrows" and markers... the witty comments, or narrative style.... I miss things like "A tale of four gamers", modeling advice etc.... the "Paint splatter" is a good idea.. but the rest... I want WD back to way it was when Paul "Fat Bloke" Sawyer was behind the wheel... or even Guy Healey... Now it's just become a marketing w**re.... "buy our s**t" and not much else.... gone is the passion for the hobby, replaced with the love of money. I understand business, but they don't seem to understand that their business is largely fueld by hobbyst passion...

In the last 2 years or so, GW has been killing everything we loved about it on an emotional level.... true, the quality of the products hase gone up (from a technological point of view) but the quality of service in relations to the fans, has gone down below sea level... The first signs of things going wrong were when WD editors started to change rapidly, and many of the iconic faces have left the studio (Alesio Cavatore & Pete Haines anyone? ). I've been in this hobby for over 15 years now... and it just pains me and burns, watching how something that was so fascinating, full of joy and passion has been draged down and suffocated by the greed and the only people that are trying to keep the old "hobby boat" afloat are being drowned in lawsuits...
    Somebody there in GW HQ has been listening to "I am the one and only..." for far too long, and far too loud and is missing the point that it was / is / will be possible only if they start once again being a HOBBY COMPANY in all the aspects of the word, and not just a miniatures manufacturing company.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarius View Post
    But that's exactly what WD has turned into since the new editor took over...
    White Dwarf isn't really a hoby magazine any more. The few pages of articles are there only to give the impression that it is. It has been turned into a catalogue of buy-us-now products and nothing else. Call me old fashioned, but to me, after the new team steped in, WD has died. I miss the old, characteristic logo on the front cover... the drawn art just below it... the old battle reports with maps, "arrows" and markers... the witty comments, or narrative style.... I miss things like "A tale of four gamers", modeling advice etc.... the "Paint splatter" is a good idea.. but the rest... I want WD back to way it was when Paul "Fat Bloke" Sawyer was behind the wheel... or even Guy Healey... Now it's just become a marketing w**re.... "buy our s**t" and not much else.... gone is the passion for the hobby, replaced with the love of money. I understand business, but they don't seem to understand that their business is largely fueld by hobbyst passion...

In the last 2 years or so, GW has been killing everything we loved about it on an emotional level.... true, the quality of the products hase gone up (from a technological point of view) but the quality of service in relations to the fans, has gone down below sea level... The first signs of things going wrong were when WD editors started to change rapidly, and many of the iconic faces have left the studio (Alesio Cavatore & Pete Haines anyone? ). I've been in this hobby for over 15 years now... and it just pains me and burns, watching how something that was so fascinating, full of joy and passion has been draged down and suffocated by the greed and the only people that are trying to keep the old "hobby boat" afloat are being drowned in lawsuits...
    Somebody there in GW HQ has been listening to "I am the one and only..." for far too long, and far too loud and is missing the point that it was / is / will be possible only if they start once again being a HOBBY COMPANY in all the aspects of the word, and not just a miniatures manufacturing company.
    Please! WD is better than it has been in years. Its not the same as the glory days that are now a decade old but the latest reboot really managed to breath new life into the rag. Every issue has had large showcases of community contributed work that have seriously worked up my hobby fervour.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Please! WD is better than it has been in years. Its not the same as the glory days that are now a decade old but the latest reboot really managed to breath new life into the rag. Every issue has had large showcases of community contributed work that have seriously worked up my hobby fervour.
    As with every product, there are as many opinions as there are people involved. I just stated mine. True enough that WD has been given an "overhaul"... but to me, the only thing the only fact is that it has changed, and change (in the last period before it occured) was needed. I won't argue here. But to me (and in the eyes of all of my gaming friends) it has become a dry marketing tool instead of a hobby passion source complimented by product advertisement. That's why I've said that I want it to be back to how it's been when "Fat Bloke" was the editor. Back then it was "Look at how many awesome fun things you can do, and here are the materials you can buy to do them".Now it's "Here are things that you should buy...and here are some ideas how you can use them". To make it short and clear, in the past it was 70% Hobby + 30% advertisement. Now it's 70% advertisement + 30% hobby. And the new graphics layout... to me it's too boring and sterile. But like I've said, that's just the view me and my friends have (and I'm talking about my friends from different countries, not just my local club).

either way, you can't argue that the current GW politics are pissing off more and more people and killing all the sympathy in hobbyists... and GW will at one point have to aknowledge the fact that having good looking miniatures isn't something that will keep them afloat on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarius View Post
    either way, you can't argue that the current GW politics are pissing off more and more people and killing all the sympathy in hobbyists... and GW will at one point have to aknowledge the fact that having good looking miniatures isn't something that will keep them afloat on its own.
    Yes you can, that is a highly arguable statement. More and more people seem to be pissed off because they are on the internet moaning constantly instead of actually taking responsibility for their own hobby.

WD has improved dramatically and I think it is continuing to improve, though slowly. The evolution of crisis suits in the April issue was a good step forward in my opinion and the terrain features, army showcases and kit bash sections are all very good in my opinion. As is the 'what's happening around the studio' section in the back. The paint splatter articles are also a very big hit with many of the more inexperienced or less confident painters in my games club and combined with the new paint range we are seeing them paint a lot more than ever before.

There is still a lot of room for improvement, I'd like to see things like terrain workshops where they show you how to build larger terain pieces in detail, scenario and narative campaigns included in the magazine in instalments rather than in campaign books like Crusade of Fire (though they are good too) and so forth. But it is far more than just a dry marketing tool now.
    Last edited by eldargal; 04-29-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

WD's just a rag most people read on the toilet. The only reason it's still around is that some people don't mind paying $9 for a catalog.

Psst...Forgeworld will send you one for free. Plus, they spare you the indignity of reading battle reports where codex authors screw up with their own armies.

I wish WD would start painting master class again, old style battle reports with maps and put the number back on the cover!

I do like the interviews with BL, FW and what the WD teams up to this month. Also thought the crisis suit history was good and would like to see more articles like this.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast