BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Maybe wound psykers on a 2+, or reroll to hit? Maybe both? Psykers are common enough that it's pretty good, and less likely to rub the other player the wrong way. Of course, that''s very similar to the power stake rule, iirc.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Maybe wound psykers on a 2+, or reroll to hit? Maybe both? Psykers are common enough that it's pretty good, and less likely to rub the other player the wrong way. Of course, that''s very similar to the power stake rule, iirc.
    If it's not only supposed to mess up Psykers, but also take their powers, you might find some combination of the Power Stake and the Null Rod. Basically it wounds Psykers really well, and prevents Psychic powers working against her. If she's in melee with a Psyker, it effectively can't use its powers on her, but it doesn't lose them for the whole game (i.e. if it kills her, or if it has some form of disengagement power, etc.)

Just throwing out ideas.

Abbess Sanctorum

Honestly, I hate the idea of tying it to her wargear. It feels like it takes away from her awesomeness.

I'd rather it be some other rule. She killed a Hive Tyrant in one on one combat, she shouldn't be denigrated by this being attributed to her wargear.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Abbess Sanctorum

Also, my idea for the Heirophant was one of the following:

R24", S8 AP1, Heavy 1 Large Blast (Applies melta on a direct hit)
    Or
    Template, S10 AP1, Heavy 1 Melta
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

R24", S8 AP1, Heavy 1 Large Blast (Applies melta on a direct hit)

You may mean this already by saying applies melta on a direct hit, but if not, how about just making the models under the center of the template take a melta hit, otherwise treating it as a normal large blast weapon?
    Curious Constructs - http://www.curiousconstructs.co.uk
    Kirton Games - http://www.kirtongames.com

Abbess Sanctorum

That's what I meant by a direct hit-- I guess I got my terms mixed up . Essentially, whatever is underneath the center of the blast gets melta applied to it regardless of distance.

The template was intended to apply melta to everything it hits. Essentially it's a huge, directional blast of pure melta energy, which must be mounted on a siege tank like the LR Demolisher, the Medusa, or the Vindicator.
    Last edited by Melissia; 11-04-2009 at 07:30 PM.

I have already commented on this piece of work, but I am still eagerly waiting PE's to be added in. I was kinda of iffy about the dropship idea, but as it is far and away from a Sisters Valkyrie or Thunderhawk, it looks fine to me. I have thought a lil more about the Repressor however, and I had a thought: Why not add a upgrade for the pintle mounted flamer to a melta gun, similar to what land Raider Crusader/Reedemers have? Gives the vehicle a little bit more variety.
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Battle-Brother

You can host it on a wordpress blog for free.

Abbess Sanctorum

Probably, but a combination of laziness and just being busy with class has kept me from bothering.

I'd have to reformat all the tables etc etc.

Abbess Sanctorum

First draft of the redone Penitent Engine. I feel that it might be too much, especially with Rampage... but I tried to balance it similar to the Carnifex. I'm wondering if I hsould lower its Toughness but give it Eternal Warrior.

• WS: 4
    • BS: -
    • S: 5(10)
    • T: 6
    • W: 2
    • I: 3(1)
    • A: d6+2
    • LD: 10
    • SV: 2+/6++
    • Cost: 100 pts

Type: Monstrous Creature
    Composition: 1-3 Penitent Engines )100 pts each)
    Wargear:
    • 2x Dreadnought CCW
    • Heavy Flamer
    • Cave of Condemnation

Special Rules:
    • Holy Rage
    • Rampage
    • Fearless

Cage of Condemnation
    The Penitent Engine is specifically designed to frighten witches and sorcerers. They see far more than what the mortal eye sees; it is said that to a psyker, the visage of a Penitent Engine is a beacon for the divine wrath of the Emperor Himself.
    -- Confessor Hugh Emerson
    All psykers present within 6" of a Penitent Engine at the beginning of each turn must pass a leadership test or fall back.

Rampage
    Watching a Penitent Engine amidst a group of heretics is soothing to the soul. A red mist mixes with the smoke of burning flesh and the screams of the dying and damned, as they are all sent to meet the Emperor.
    -- Cardinal Tarlior Vange

If a Penitent Engine is reduced to no wounds by any method (including attacks and psychic powers that remove the Penitent Engine entirely, or attacks and psychic powers that remove all wounds from the creature such as older force weapons), it instead loses one Dreadnought CCW and its heavy flamer is reduced to a flamer. Its number of attacks change from D6+2 to D3+2. If the Penitent Engine loses both Dreadnought CCWs this way and again loses its last wound, then its attacks change to 2, and it loses the strength enhancing effect of the Dreadnought CCW but reverts to its native Initiative; furthermore, it loses its flamer. After this, if it loses its last wound, roll D6. On a 6, it explodes, otherwise it leaves a wreck as if it were a vehicle.
    Last edited by Melissia; 11-20-2009 at 09:05 PM.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast