BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Yeah, I think the Rampage is a little complicated, mixing Vehicle rules with Monstrous Creature rules too much. Especially since it effectively makes the Engine 5 wounds, though with decreasing effectiveness as it is wounded.

I think removing Rampage, and putting it at 80pts as a 2 wound MC with Eternal Warrior should work pretty well.

In fact, it probably doesn't even need Eternal Warrior, as only stuff like Force weapons would be able to inflict Instant Death, and there has to be some models that Force Weapons can kill.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Hmm I agree that rampage is over the top, although I do see the value in making the PE durable.

I do like the idea of representing the beserk fighting characteristics of a PE however. Perhaps a rule that gives a FNP save to the PE, and any passed test will give the PE d3 extra attacks?

I feel that the toughness may be a bit too high though. The core of the machine is a comparability fragile human strapped up to a machine which id about as durable as a sentinel. T6 belongs to units such as carnifexs, which serve as living battle tanks. Nurgle Daemons and maybe a few Khorne Daemons reach T6, but those are heavier set and beefier then PE. If a Toughness decrease is given, and if you do drop eternal warrior, then you could justifiably make the PE even cheaper. A speed boosting rule llike Fleet could also fit.

I do like the anti-psyker rule, as it is useful and fluffy but not over the top. 2+ Sv sounded too good at first. But it is a monster made of steel.

The random attacks adds to their beserk nature.
    Last edited by Sitnam; 11-21-2009 at 01:23 AM.
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    In fact, it probably doesn't even need Eternal Warrior, as only stuff like Force weapons would be able to inflict Instant Death, and there has to be some models that Force Weapons can kill.
    But why should it be this one? This is primarily a machine, not a living being. If force weapons should be able to kill this instantly in one hit, then they should also be able to kill land raiders instantly in one hit. Or any other vehicle-- baneblades?
    Last edited by Melissia; 11-21-2009 at 08:25 AM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Grand Provost Marshal

Are there any other vehicles/units in the game that have a Toughness value and a DCCW?

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    Are there any other vehicles/units in the game that have a Toughness value and a DCCW?
    No. The closest that does exist are tau battlesuits, but those are mostly biological. The Penitent Engine can continue operating long after its "occupant" has died.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    But why should it be this one? This is primarily a machine, not a living being. If force weapons should be able to kill this instantly in one hit, then they should also be able to kill land raiders instantly in one hit. Or any other vehicle-- baneblades?
    Yeah, you're right. I'm just kinda pointlessly musing on the not-as-common-as-people-think commonality of Eternal warrior. Is commonality even a word?

There are rumors of Carnifexes getting DCCW's, but we can't really do a comparison until the codex actually comes out.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Abbess Sanctorum

I have tried to rework Rampage to be simpler and slightly less powerful. Assuming the creature's wounds are set to 3, here is Rampage:

The Penitent Engine can never lose more than one wound at a time-- it is unaffected by instant death, and effects that remove all wounds at once or just remove the model outright simply cause a single wound instead. However, when it loses its wounds, its offensive effectiveness is reduced.

When it loses its first wound, its attacks become D3+1 and its heavy flamer becomes a flamer. When it loses its second wound, its attacks become D3, and lose the DCCW quality, and it loses its flamer. When it loses
    its final wound, roll D6. On a roll of 5+, it comes back with -1 to its attack roll (minimum one).

And then we can reduce the Toughness to balance it out for its price.

Brother-Sergeant

I dunno Melissia, it really looks like you are re-inventing the wheel in alot of places. I am SO with you that the Sisters need some lovin', hell...all of the Inquisition needs a new coat of paint. But what you have done here has really added a BUNCH of new ideas and rules-mannerisms to the game just for the Sisters that, IMO, are unnecessary.

Sure, they need some new stuff...but it should fall in line with the rest of the codices that are being released.

The three things that leap out at me are the weapon that can pop a daemon prince off the board in a single hit (which Grey Knights cannot even do!), the "melta on a hit result" weapon and a Penitent engine that is more powerful than a Wraithlord for less (and is still a squad?).

I would say that some of these things sound really neat for an Apocalypse datasheet, but not commonplace codex rules.

Hear! Hear! for new Sisters rules...but maybe they should stick to how things in the game generally work rather than coming up with brand new rules-isms altogether.

Just my $0.02,
    Bry
    Last edited by B_Steele; 11-25-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

This DOES fall in line with the new codices. I based the changes in this codex off of C:IG and C:SM.

The weapion was rebalanced later.

The Melta on a direct hit was changed for balance reasons (it originally applied melta to anything iwthin its blast radius).

The Penitent Engine is still having its balance worked out.

Your input on the P.Engine and the spear both would be appreciated-- I mean actual input, not just some crap like "ths is bad", but something that actually HELPS me. The tank is not up for debate, however, simply because I'm tired of debating the exact same points over and over again because new people are unwilling to read my *******ed thread and read the OLD debates.

I was pondering changing the Cult of the Nightflame to be bikers, but honestly I'm just unsure. Would be neat, but might be too similar to SM.
    Last edited by Melissia; 12-16-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

Here's what I came up with to replace the Sisters of the Nightflame.

Fast Attack
    Cult of the Blazing Sun
    Considered somewhat degenerate by the common Sister, the rough and brutal Sisters of the Blazing Sun are nonetheless utterly fanatical. They desire to get into combat as fast as possible and rip their enemies apart with their twin blades, seeing the sword as a holy weapon of the Emperor. To accommodate this, they have taken up armored motorcycles, allowing them to charge into combat right smack into the enemy line so that they can start cutting into their opponents.

The Sisters of the Blazing Sun do not have the refined faith of their foot-slogging Sisters, rather, they are simple and brutal in their message. This is admirable-- they never question their faith-- but at the same time, the more intellectual Sororitas question whether or not they truly understand what it means to be faithful.

Cost: 110 Pts
    WS / BS / S / T / W / I / A / LD / SV
    Blazing Sun Superior
    4 / 4 / 3 / 3(4) / 1 / 4 / 2(3) / 10 / 3+
    Blazing Sun Sister
    4 / 4 / 3 / 3(4) / 1 / 4 / 1(2) / 10 / 3+
    Type: Infantry, Bikes
    Composition: 1 Blazing Sun Superior, 4-9 Blazing Sun Sisters
    Wargear: ]Blazing Sun Bike, Power Armor, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, 2 Close Combat Weapon
    Rules: Fearless, Cult of the Blazing Sun, Unrelenting Zeal, Adepta Sororitas

• May add up to 5 more Blazing Sun Sisters for 21 points each.
    • Up to two Storm Bolters on Blazing Sun Bikes may be exchanged with the following:
      • Flamer: +5 pts
      • Meltagun: +10 pts
    • If the entire unit uses Storm Bolters, up to two Blazing Sun Sisters may exchange their close combat weapons for the following:
      • Two Power Weapons: +10 pts
      • Eviscerator: 20 pts
    • The Blazing Sun Superior may exchange her one or both of her close combat weapons for the following:
      • Brazier of Holy Flame: +10 pts
      • Eviscerator: +25 pts
      • Power Weapon: +10 pts
      • Twin Master-Crafted Bolt Pistols: +15 pts

Blazing Sun Bikes
    Adorned with symbols of religious zeal and righteous wrath, these bikes are consecrated and held dear to the Sister who rides them, each one becoming as a temple to her-- and nothing motivates a Sister more than fighting from within her own temple!
    See the Bikes section of the rulebook.
    Blazing Sun Bikes are equipped with a storm bolter and grant +1 toughness, as well as extra movement.

Unrelenting Zeal
    Once a unit of Adepta Sororitas has entered close combat, the Sisters of the Blazing Sun cannot resist their desire to enter combat as well. If an Adepta Sororitas unit is assaulted or assaults an enemy unit, the Sisters of the Blazing Sun count as having Holy Rage. Furthermore, they MUST assault the nearest unit. They cannot take actions that prevent them from assaulting.

Cult of the Blazing Sun

Not affected by the Book of Saints rule. The Cult of the Blazing Sun has the following limitations:

Normal games: 0-1
    Other games: 0-2
    Apocalypse games: Unlimited

*other games includes planetstrike and cities of death
    Last edited by Melissia; 12-16-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast