BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default lone wolf, army builder

So, I didn't know where to post this exactly, but my question is if lone wolf army builder is still being updatted with the new army books coming out? I had heard a rumor the GW had a fit about army builder, and that lone wolf was told they can't make anymore updates? I would love to re-up my liscense for amy builder, but I wanna know that they're still updating it before I spend the $40 to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Delfin07 View Post
    So, I didn't know where to post this exactly, but my question is if lone wolf army builder is still being updatted with the new army books coming out? I had heard a rumor the GW had a fit about army builder, and that lone wolf was told they can't make anymore updates? I would love to re-up my liscense for amy builder, but I wanna know that they're still updating it before I spend the $40 to do so.
    I'm happy to report that Army Builder is alive and well and continually updated. How long for is anyone's guess frankly - especially if there is any truth to the continual rumours of GW investing in their own improved digital codexes (with built in capabilities) or even the rumours of GW either maintaining their own future alternative or licensing it to a third party.

In the meantime...I suggest Armybuilder remains the best software considering it covers almost ALL the major gaming systems - not just GW. (And no...I don't work for lonewolf).

Not what you asked, but you should take a look at Battlescribe. [url]http://www.battlescribe.net/[/url]. In my opinion it is just as good, but it is free. A one time $40 investment for Army Builder isn't too bad, but their licensing shenanigans are almost criminal, so most end up paying much more.

They even have it available as a mobile app on Android and iTunes.