BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Dark Eldar - Room for a Dark Lance?

I was looking at my Trueborn in a Raider and had an idea. Has anyone tried putting a Trueborn squad with 2 Dark Lances in a Raider? Would this effectively almost make it a Ravager. 3 dark lances on a skimmer. Does this idea fly or crash and burn before taxiing to runway?

Assuming you take only the most fragile 3 man Trueborne squad, you're still talking about spending 41pts over a Ravager for a unit that has to stay stationary if it doesn't want to snapfire two of it's guns. Nay.

For ~30pts more you can get 4 blasters that can actually move and shoot, plus 12 long range poison shots.

So what you're saying is that my idea blew your mind. Just kidding. Looks like the blaster bass boat is in my future. Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbuddy42 View Post
    So what you're saying is that my idea blew your mind. Just kidding. Looks like the blaster bass boat is in my future. Thanks for the response.
    Yeah, it's kind of net-list spammy, but that's because it's really damn good and really the only other option besides a Ravager for concentrated ranged anti-tank.