BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's next?

Librarian

Default What's next?

So the elves are here and we are probably getting space elves next. So what is the supposed next release for fantasy? Anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Chapter-Master

Could be one of a number of things, there aren't any particularly solid rumours. Dwarves possibly, maybe lizardmen. Realistically we are looking at autumn until we see anything fantasy related, with Eldar coming in June and then the big summer release (probably a 40K expansion).
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Dwarfs in that order I believe. Or maybe Dwarfs then Dark Elves. Lizardmen are next, though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I've run it through my predict-o-matic, and this is what I'll reckon we'll see...

Plastic Kroxigor, possibly with variant weapons.

Some kind of Monstrous Cavalry (mini Carnosaur?)

Great big honking lizard thingy.

If rumour are to be believed, and 9th Ed has more involved flier rules, could mean plastic Terradons.

Plastic character (something new I reckon)

Usual FC clam packs.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman91 View Post
    So the elves are here and we are definitely getting space elves next. So what is the supposed next release for fantasy? Anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I subscribe to what eldargal says; that fits with what hastings has told us.
    Personally, I can see a lot of Dark Elves players being a bit unhappy when they are redone. Inevitably, a lot of their army is going to go up in points, and a lot of their cool stuff is either going to disappear or be brought back down to size....kind of like the opposite of High Elves, but sharing the same "get rid of the cheese" theme (Teclis, Book of Hoeth, etc). At least, that is what I expect to happen anyway. I'm not really familiar with Lizardmen and Dwarves, but I am guessing Lizardmen will be done similarly to High Elves - overall buffs, some reductions to broken stuff and removal of superfluous or over-powered magic stuff (i.e. Slann), etc. Dwarves will probably be in a similar boat. Again though, I know little enough about either army that my opinion doesn't mean much.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Stunties need work.

Right now, there is little incentive not to just Gunline, which whilst certainly an experience strategy wise, gets very dull very quickly, and that's just as an opponent.

Runes need a lot of work. Magic Items are overall more restricted, if not restrained in 8th Ed, and I'd imagine Runes will follow suit. Though quite how I'm not at all sure! We may see the current selection reduced, or otherwise replaced entirely with specific items. But could of course be something entirely new, we just don't know!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Stunties need work.

Right now, there is little incentive not to just Gunline, which whilst certainly an experience strategy wise, gets very dull very quickly, and that's just as an opponent.

Runes need a lot of work. Magic Items are overall more restricted, if not restrained in 8th Ed, and I'd imagine Runes will follow suit. Though quite how I'm not at all sure! We may see the current selection reduced, or otherwise replaced entirely with specific items. But could of course be something entirely new, we just don't know!
    I hope they don't do to much to the runes. I like them the way they are. That being said i like my tank lord a bit to much.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Librarian

It seems that a lot of the complex customization has been purposfully left out of 8th ed. with a generic magic items list enforcement. I hope Dwarves break that trend and be the magic item army(or Runic item army), but that will probably not happen.

Also, have Slayers upgraded to Storm of Chaos quality!

First-Captain

Dammit, the only army that should be next is Brets
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Dwarfs in that order I believe. Or maybe Dwarfs then Dark Elves. Lizardmen are next, though.
    how do we know lizards are next when we really havent heard anything on them (other than hastings's large dino rumor which really just follows the trend that has been happening in fantasy that they get a large centerpiece model......)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast