BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Find a true Art Supply store near you. They will carry multiple colors of paint pens down to .005 at least. In Texas, Texas Art Supply has them. Worse case you might be able to find their website and order from them. I am using a red gloss micron pen on lenses to get a shiny look. And plan tonuse them on my Eldar gems as well.

Veteran-Sergeant

I use Pigma Micron pens from Sakura Color Products (Japan). You can find them at any art store. The ones I use are the Micron 01 size. The pens have a really fine point (draws a line that is 0.25mm wide)and are almost like a sharpie and come in a lot of colors (I usually use black, brown, and red). They are usually used for scrapbooking, art, and the like. They are archival ink that is waterproof and fade proof.

A tip when using them. If you are not happy with the line, dot, etc, just wipe it off and try again. With that said, if you are happy with the line, dot, ect don't touch it until it dries completely or it will wipe off or worse, smudge. This includes painting over it as it will bleed or smudge. But once its dry, you can't get rid of it.
    Last edited by Lunar Camel; 05-07-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: forgot info
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Camel View Post
    I use Pigma Micron pens from Sakura Color Products (Japan). You can find them at any art store. The ones I use are the Micron 01 size. The pens have a really fine point (draws a line that is 0.25mm wide)and are almost like a sharpie and come in a lot of colors (I usually use black, brown, and red). They are usually used for scrapbooking, art, and the like. They are archival ink that is waterproof and fade proof.

A tip when using them. If you are not happy with the line, dot, etc, just wipe it off and try again. With that said, if you are happy with the line, dot, ect don't touch it until it dries completely or it will wipe off or worse, smudge. This includes painting over it as it will bleed or smudge. But once its dry, you can't get rid of it.
    Damn, but that's a tiny-@ss pen. I'll have to pick up some of those.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

QFT

I couldn't make an eye look right until i got one of these pens. Now i just lay down a little white and go in with the pen straight on.

as has been said, Micron pens for teh win

Chaplain

I use Rotring Rapidograph pens for fine lines, script etc.

However these aren't technically paint pens and I don't think (could be wrong) they do them in white but they are very good for fine detail.

+1. Best $4 I ever spent. They even come in white!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12