BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scout

Default "My dog ate my homework"

8....9....10. Ok, so heres the story. a friend called me yesterday. needed some help moving stuff. i left the apartment and was gone 45 mins. on my return, to my horror, i found my assault termis (5) of them, in bits on the floor. they, (termis), were about 80 percent complete. my puppy had pulled them off my workstation and proceeded to EAT THEM! some parts were left. a pair of legs here, a set of lighting claws there....etc. all i could think of was $50.00! the *^%$# dog just ate $50.00 dollars of my stuff! there is no saving that poor assault sq. my girlfriend has convinced me to keep the dog, "get over it", and move on. well, i guess she is right....read as if she is wrong i sleep in the living room....again. so whats your horror story when it comes to models getting destroyed?

My brothers cat once tackle-hugged his brand new, painstakingly well painted FW reaver titan off his work desk and onto the floor. I saw it and it was kind of spectacular.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    My brothers cat once tackle-hugged his brand new, painstakingly well painted FW reaver titan off his work desk and onto the floor. I saw it and it was kind of spectacular.
    I think you just won this thread

I have nothing that comes even close
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Brother-Sergeant

The best I got is dropping a nearly complete mini into my paint tray.... I just sat there staring at it for a good 5 seconds.... then sighed and hung my head in shame. -_-;

Abbess Sanctorum

My nephew tries so hard to be like your pets.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

MI dog ate two termis and left one with a cool battle damaged armour, and destroyed a FW Venerabel DA dread... but I still love him!!!!!

Brother-Captain

Oh my...I do like how you worded that.

I don't know if I would use the word 'spectacular' if one of my cats just killed (humorously though) a very very expensive model!

I wanted to kill my cat when we broke my 40$ dwarf gyrocopter!

I've come to grips with it - knowing that minis are not immune to pets, and I still find a goblin every now again when I move the couch to vacuum
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Abbess Sanctorum

My cat is oddly well behaved, when he's near my desk. I think he's afraid of me when he's so obviously in my territory. But then I am the alpha, and he damned well better know it.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Outs View Post
    8....9....10. Ok, so heres the story. a friend called me yesterday. needed some help moving stuff. i left the apartment and was gone 45 mins. on my return, to my horror, i found my assault termis (5) of them, in bits on the floor. they, (termis), were about 80 percent complete. my puppy had pulled them off my workstation and proceeded to EAT THEM! some parts were left. a pair of legs here, a set of lighting claws there....etc. all i could think of was $50.00! the *^%$# dog just ate $50.00 dollars of my stuff! there is no saving that poor assault sq. my girlfriend has convinced me to keep the dog, "get over it", and move on. well, i guess she is right....read as if she is wrong i sleep in the living room....again. so whats your horror story when it comes to models getting destroyed?

I suggest you to use toxic paint for your next minis... this could solve the issue of a 3rd incident happening . A less final aproach would be to get a spray bottle (like an empthy one for window cleaner), fill it with melon juice (ya know, the sour, yellow, "not-oranges"? ^^) disolved in water and teach your dog to stay away from the workstation by giving him a spray shot whenever he comes near. many dogs hate the small/taste of sour fruits!

[no, I dont like dogs. I'm a "cat-person" and find dogs, eating and licking everything disgusting.]

This sounds hilarious. Either your cat is a real one of a kind brute in terms of size and muscle or your brother screwed up on the stability of his reaver. All I would fear for when I let my cat near my reaver would be that she damaged the paintjob with her claws (sharp!).

the juice trick helps with cats as well (but be prepared for acts of revenge if you got a strong willed cat... like waking up in the morning because she jumped off highest point in the room onto your chest..ugh)

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by N0rdicNinja View Post
    The best I got is dropping a nearly complete mini into my paint tray.... I just sat there staring at it for a good 5 seconds.... then sighed and hung my head in shame. -_-;
    Classic reaction! It's almost like you either can't believe what you are seeing or you think you are dreaming...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast