BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

My cat likes to lick the bases of minis. I think he is trying to groom the green fuzz.

This is the same cat who tries to groom the carpet.

My Wife and 10 year old Daughter are well aware of the two meter exclusion zone around my desk!
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Brother-Sergeant

Mine is no where near as impressive as the poor Reaver but does involve walkers, late nights, and oddly placed backpacks.

So my Older Brother comes home from school drops his backpack by the dining room table at around 4pm, I wave and say hello as I paint my two brand new Plastic Sentinel Walkers. Well after several hours of messing around painting and eating he calls it a night and goes to bed. I look at myself and go, 'heck I'm still wired but if I stare at this model any longer I'm gonna go blind.', I opt for some Computer instead. Well after several more hours...erm, bout 3am actually, I get off and proceed to walk to the kitchen to retrieve some water.

Well on the way out of the kitchen, by some act of Chaos I manage to trip over the poorly placed obstacle, I proceed to toss up the glass of water into the air as I slam into the table breaking off a leg and sending my nearly finished models cascading to the ground...followed shortly by the tool box that contains my paint pots...well you can probably glean the mess this generated as the models lost their legs, the water crashed to the ground, and luckily the paint pots stayed sealed. Well as you can imagine in the morning my tail was thoroughly verbally reamed by my brother, while my mother simply laughed oddly enough...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    My brothers cat once tackle-hugged his brand new, painstakingly well painted FW reaver titan off his work desk and onto the floor. I saw it and it was kind of spectacular.
    I would have skinned that cat and made a titan banner out of its hide.

This year at The Big Waaagh we played in the Apoc mega-battle and among other great things a guy had a Forgeworld Imperial air force with a beautifully painted Marauder bomber on a three foot tall pedestal so as to fly over the battlefield.

A guy putting down a drop pod ***-ended it and the thing tipped over in slow motion, desribing a long arc on it's trip to the floor nose first where it exploded into what seemed like about a hundred bazillion pieces. It was spectacular with parts landing feet from the impact point. Everyone got so quiet you could hear a pin drop (and the gulp of the poor ******* that knocked it over).
    Last edited by The Green Git; 11-02-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Git View Post
    This year at The Big Waaagh we played in the Apoc mega-battle and among other great things a guy had a Forgeworld Imperial air force with a beautifully painted Marauder bomber on a three foot tall pedestal so as to fly over the battlefield.
    Hmm... those Martians sure know how to paint.

(If any of you understand the reference, you get a mega-cookie.)
    I am the meat.

Well my best horror story would be when my little brother and his friend were throwing a football, in the house!, near my work table. The friend throws the ball and it smashes my basilisk and numerous guardsmen sending them flying. My basilisk is smashed to pieces and a seargent went flying away. I fixed the basilisk but the guardsmen stayed missing for a few months unitl I was cleaning out a toy box to get rid of. On the topic of pets. My cat almost every morning including this morning, I guess just to make me mad, jumps up on my work table and walks around! Knocking over whatever I am working on at the moment. I always jump out of the bed and run at her as she hastily jumps away.
    Also I was playing with my friend and a guy I just met and was playing with for the second time. He has a real nicely painted Nurgle army. I was taking some of my models off of the table or something and I hit it or something and his Defiler fell to the ground and broke, a lot. My friend sort of just stared at me in horror and I froze on the spot. The guy was visibly withholding his rage and luckily only shot some comments of clumsiness at me.
    Last edited by Lord Inquisitor; 11-02-2009 at 10:35 PM.

Chaplain

mum dropping my first model ever then lol. lol at the reaver but not really also

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

I once had a father and his three or four year old son watching a game I turned my back to get something from my bag and the kid had scooped up my new plastic Dreadnaught. Before I could do anything, he threw it at the wall and the arms flew off and it came apart from the base and then bounced around the room; kid had a good arm I'll give him that.

The thing that pissed me off the most was how the Dad reacted; he started laughing and thought it was rather funny till the room full of players went quiet. That’s was when I explained that his kid just destroyed a $50 dollar model (45 back then) and he was going to have to replace it. He wasn’t laughing at that point and started to argue with me about it but after a lengthy discussion, he replaced the model and his kid got to keep the old one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12