BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    The thing is, the Necron codex does a pretty good job. Powerful leaders with strange "magic," goons that are hard to kill because they rise from the dirt... why bother?
    I don't think the Necron codex allows for the more "horde" feel that people want from the undead, its a start though

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    I don't think the Necron codex allows for the more "horde" feel that people want from the undead, its a start though
    Well if you want a horde of mindless beings whose cohesion as an army lasts only as long as their creator is actively directing them and otherwise devolve into animalistic behaviours, then you want Tyranids.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    I thought you could still do massive blobs of Necron Warriors and Immortals (and so on) slowly advancing across the field and relying on their resiliency to survive. That's not so?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

As well as the aforementioned Typhus and Necrons, Dark Eldar could do a decent Undead-feeling list, with hordes of Wracks acting as zombies, grotesques/talos/cronos being weird flesh-constructs, haemonculi as Liches and such. Ally in some Farseers and Guardians for Necromancers and cultists.

Brother-Captain

You absolutely can still do that.

Warriors and Immortals are 13 and 17 points apiece, respectively, and you can back them up with res. orbs or Ghost Arks (for the warriors) to enhance their reanimation capabilities.
    Warriors are the best bet because they're cheaper and can go in blobs of 20, and you can use a couple strategically-placed Ghost Arks to support a few squads - and the Ghost Ark's repair ability is something completely different from the resurrection orb's enhancement of reanimation protocols, so the abilities stack to make the units even more resilient.

Combined with all gauss weaponry auto-glancing vehicles on a 6, there's no reason that strategy isn't viable if it's something you really want to go for.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12