BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You know the trap you have fallen in to hear is one I often fall in too... You have made your assault unit to powerful! Seth, Chaplin and 10 death company with toys will
    spank most units in a single turn. This leaves them stood out in the open probably on the wrong side of the battle field with 800 - 900 points of pissed of xenos scum all
    around them and about to be shot to bits!

I have been running death company with out a chaplin for a while now. The are still mega now that rage has taken a buff in 6th. Have you thought about taking no
    transports and just running accross the battle field? Take Seth or a Reculsiarch as your HQ and spend the rest of your points of 4 or 5 squads of death company each
    with a single power fist and a couple of death company dreads! Very Angry marines!

As a note do not try this against any one mega shooty. My brother just got his new Tau Codex... Sigh.

unless he takes astorath, he's limited to 1 death company.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bob821 View Post
    You know the trap you have fallen in to hear is one I often fall in too... You have made your assault unit to powerful! Seth, Chaplin and 10 death company with toys will
    spank most units in a single turn. This leaves them stood out in the open probably on the wrong side of the battle field with 800 - 900 points of pissed of xenos scum all

I have been running death company with out a chaplin for a while now. The are still mega now that rage has taken a buff in 6th. Have you thought about taking no
    transports and just running accross the battle field? Take Seth or a Reculsiarch as your HQ and spend the rest of your points of 4 or 5 squads of death company each
    with a single power fist and a couple of death company dreads! Very Angry marines!

As a note do not try this against any one mega shooty. My brother just got his new Tau Codex... Sigh.
    If you are not going to take a transport, you should take a Reclusiarch with Jump Pack, and Death Co with Jump Pack, so they can fly across the field!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    unless he takes astorath, he's limited to 1 death company.
    D'oh! Not sure what I carry round in my head some times but its sure not brains.

I would have said death company with jump packs but they are so expensive you don't get very many for you points.

Chapter-Master

Well, any transport that is worth it would be the same as the jump packs. so, if you aren't taking jump packs, take a transport.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Brother-Captain

To be fair those 800-900 pts of enemy troops will have a few concerns other than just my DC guys, Seth, chaplain and Dread... namely the Baal Pred, Stormraven and about 2k points of Imperial Fists as this will usually be being used as an allied contingent, not as an army by itelf.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 05-18-2013 at 01:50 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Brother-Captain

You really don't need all those power weapons on the Death Company, they're going to beat pretty much anything in the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    To be fair those 800-900 pts of enemy troops will have a few concerns other than just my DC guys, Seth, chaplain and Dread... namely the Baal Pred, Stormraven and about 2k points of Imperial Fists as this will usually be being used as an allied contingent, not as an army by itelf.
    I see... well that would be very nasty indeed. You did not say at the start that these where an allied force. I'd still becarful about running up the field with these guys to distant from the bulk of you main army.

If you where running these on there own you would be leaving you Baal pred on the board on its own for at least a turn possably two or even three! Before the Storm Raven turned up this would probably mean there is no Baal Pred left to support you assualt units.

You did not say at the start that these where an allied force.
    Sorry yes you did.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    You really don't need all those power weapons on the Death Company, they're going to beat pretty much anything in the game anyway.
    I might drop 2 of them and use the 30 points to give the Baal Pred some Heavy Bolter sponsons, not sure yet.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12