BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by Blusox69 View Post
    So can a Helldrake with a weapon destroyed wound no longer vector strike?
    On the same note, can a Winged Daemon Prince, with no Shooting Weapons at all, not Vector Strike at all, unless they pay 30 points for a Burning Brand of Skalathrax and deciding not to use it? Or is this different for not being a vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    So, silly arguments aside.....

Can we approach this from the opposite direction.

If you're fortunate enough to have a Flier in your army, or indeed multiples, what are your strategies for keeping it in the game? What do you try to avoid? What are your prime targets?
    If I'm playing 2 or more flyers then air superiority is my initial aim, so prime targets for me are:

Units with intercept

Units with skyfire

Intercept first then chew away at the skyfire units, which i use ground forces for usually depending on the range of the units.. I also keep my flyers away from hoards which may just have a high enough volume of fire to get a few lucky hits. I use my Sunshark bomber as anti air if other flyers are present and then a very mobile markerlight platform more than I do for air to ground. Once enemy aircraft and anti air are done I start my bombing runs, usually to find my plasma bomb generator fails after the first run! ;-)
    Last edited by Blusox69; 05-16-2013 at 05:58 AM.

I deal with fliers by shooting them with my space marines eye lasers. 20x st10 ap1 72" assualt shots with skyfire and interceptor soon smoke em!
    Find me a rule that says i cant.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678