BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blusox69 View Post
    @ted1138

BRB page 80, last paragraph in bold

"Zooming Flyers can fire up to four of their weapons using their full ballistic skill if they have moved at either combat speed or cruising speed that turn"

???
    "of their weapons" they can fire up to the number of weapons that the unit/model has "using their full ballistic skill". The rule is about Ballistic Skill, it is not about how many weapons can be fired. The number of weapons it can fire remains the same as any other vehicle.

@Power Klawz, I'm not adding anything extra to the rules, I'm simply pointing out that the above rule has been misinterpreted. Those disagreeing with me are the ones who are dragging in everything(plus the kitchen sink) to avoid re-reading that rule(and possibly realizing they were wrong)...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    PK.....you sure about the tellporta assault?

I'm, for some reason, under the impression the Shokk Attak gun is a blast weapon, and thus can't target Fliers?
    You talkin' to me? 'Cause I didn't suggest that, as awesome as it sounds. You can't target flyers with blast weapons and therefore cannot shoot at them with the shokk attack gun, that's pretty straightforward. I'm also quite sure the Mr. Pickelz was being quite facetious when he mentioned it as effective anti-air, as even if it were possible to target a drake with a SAG the odds of those amazing circumstances occuring are rather slim.

Plus I can't remember but I don't think big meks can take power klawz.

@Ted: Nope, you wrong bro. I have read all the pertinent rules and have described to you precisely why you are wrong. You may be enriched by that knowledge or continue on in willful ignorance, such are the vaguaries of fate.

Quote Originally Posted by ted1138 View Post
    "of their weapons" they can fire up to the number of weapons that the unit/model has "using their full ballistic skill". The rule is about Ballistic Skill, it is not about how many weapons can be fired. The number of weapons it can fire remains the same as any other vehicle.

@Power Klawz, I'm not adding anything extra to the rules, I'm simply pointing out that the above rule has been misinterpreted. Those disagreeing with me are the ones who are dragging in everything(plus the kitchen sink) to avoid re-reading that rule(and possibly realizing they were wrong)...
    All you have done there is added your own words into the GW rules. I'm beginning to think you may have some learning difficulties or are just being a bell end.

Quote Originally Posted by ted1138 View Post

Yeah yeah, everyone is wrong except you... No.

You're adding the silly idea that the number of weapons present on a model supercedes the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Though I can't quite resist that setup:
    "An open mind is like a fortress with the gates unbarred and unguarded."
    Yes, but... IT'S A TRAP!!!

So can a Helldrake with a weapon destroyed wound no longer vector strike?

*golfclap* well played

Brother-Sergeant

Not according to RAW, but according to one person RAI.

RTM
    Last edited by rtmaitreya; 05-16-2013 at 11:35 PM. Reason: BRP not paying attention

So, silly arguments aside.....

Can we approach this from the opposite direction.

If you're fortunate enough to have a Flier in your army, or indeed multiples, what are your strategies for keeping it in the game? What do you try to avoid? What are your prime targets?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Back on track. I'm a Tau player, so 2 or 3 broadsides with HYMP, give them SkyFire and join some one with a puretide chip to them to give tank hunter, then pop goes the helldrake.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast