BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    man.
    how dare you
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I'd have taken GW digital a decade ago and tossed out the old pen and paper paradigm as soon as it became technologically viable to do so. (ie: once pc and/or smart phone ownership had reached appropriate market saturation, which was some time ago, especially for the target demographic of miniature games.)

I guess there's the chance of alienating your long time fanbase, but I don't think most kids who grew up in the 80s onwards have an overly difficult time figuring out PCs and apps.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Alebelly_Cragfist View Post
    2 armies, rules, templates, dice. Other than an opponent and a kitchen table top, what else do you need? <EDIT> Tape measure isn't in the box, but that's all I can think of and more than likely to hand in most Dad's toolboxes.
    How about stats for the models?

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    How about stats for the models?
    Uh... wut?

I'm totally going home and rummaging through what's left of my IoB box to see if this is true. To be honest I didn't spend any time looking through any of the publications that were provided, but I'm almost certain there were stats provided for all the units. Maybe not the most correct stats with all the special rules, but there were enough stats to play a game.

There's a booklet that comes with the abridged rules to alow you to field both armies (stats, background etc). It would be a little short-sighted of GW to give you a game that you couldn't play with something so fundamental.

Brother-Captain

Funny, 'cause my box didn't come with stats. I had to dig through the "Read this first" book to find a url which took me to the website where I could print a stat sheet. IoB is a mess.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567