BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default So its now too late for them to do anything about it - so I present to thee

Tonight we deploy for a weekend of 30,000 pts of apocapalooza!

My buddies are in the car and on their way down from Savannah and will arrive sometime around 7ish. There's nothing they can do now about preparing for the surprise I am about to give them.

Last time we played, my superheavies consisted of a Phantom titan, a armorcast "scorpion" (actually called a tempest), a puny Revenant titan, and a vampire super heavy flier. Pathetic, I know.

I underwent an effort to bolster my offensive capabilities over the course of the past year and a half of so - and have done so secretly so that they couldn't plan for it like they do every game. You see, the guy I play against, Triumphus here on the BoLS forums, has an 6000pt Imperator Titan, two warlord titans, and a reaver titan in addition to a considerable CSM daemon force. His colleague in crime, Mountaincycle667 has a huge daemon and CSM list including the FW lord of change greater daemon.

Before you go thinking "what an *******, why didn't you tell him about this stuff?" Well its all part of the fun of our Apoc games - where we drop a bunch of new toys on each other that we've kept under the rug. For this game, Triumphus has added the two warlords after selling his warhound titans on Ebay.

Anyways,

The following is what I've added to my Eldar superheavy force:
    5 Lynx w/Puslars
    2 Scorpions
    2 Cobras
    1 Phantom titan

So here's the WIP I guess you guys want to see - the titan has been done for about a year. Its arms are completely magnetized so he can be transported easily and be swapped out for other guns.

Can't get a FW model without some good ole BAD PARTS.

Base is a wooden platter that I put upside down and put slate on
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Base with slate:

Can't have a titan without a football (as Eldargal put it when I showed it to her). Yes .. yes I took a heatgun to a land raider:
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Don't feel bad, bro. It happens to every man at least once.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Sweet mother of lizards, you have way more disposable income than I do. If I had a spare landraider I'd love it and cherish it and breed it with my existing land raider to make baby land raiders.

Don't tell me it doesn't work that way. I have dreams, damnit!
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

There is over three feet (closer to 42") of 7/32" brass rod holding the thing together. These are actually the only paperclip pins in the whole model. The foot is like 8 pieces by itself. Everything is glued with devcon 2 part epoxy.

Woo hoo! Feet are together.. now to plan how to pose this bad boy... (ok thats a lie, I knew exactly how to pose it)

Some of the brass rod involved. Anyone putting these things together, you MUST use 2 part epoxy and rods. Otherwise you're just going to end up breaking it over and over again.

Chapter-Master

More WIPs

An important aspect of pinning is dual-axis ... its especially important for the hip pieces that take a lot of torque loads from the whole upper body.

Yes - ... yes he's using the land raider as a football.

Chapter-Master

Lower body assembled and BOLTED to the base through the slate and wood.

Torso and wings on.

Cultist-eye view:

Chapter-Master

Had to start thinking about how I was going to mount the guns.

In the gun/forearm recess I drilled holes for a single pin that goes through the whole forearm and then keeps the gun attached to the arm with beefy magnets. Works really well.

You can see the magnets on the end of the arms. They're actually recessed into the elbow pieces and the pins from the forearm actually connect to a solid rod that goes through the torso and through both arms. One solid "shoulderblade" rod holds it all together. After talking to the FW designer of the model, he says that the elbows are the most common source of failure. Not on mine.

Chapter-Master

Sense of scale:

Painting began... most of it was airbrushed. I'm not a great painter but I put a lot of time into this guy.

At this point, this happened to me, and I had to basically stop:

Chapter-Master

When fuzzyball took less attention, I got back to it.

Completed. Yes the Land raider is painted in Triumphus' Chaos war band colors :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast