BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Lightbulb WD Subscription Mini: Just some practice?

Hey guys,
    Im sure you've all seen the WD Sub mini, Grombrindal.
    Im just wondering, what if GW is just practicing modeling Space Dwarfs and trying to see what the community thinks.
    We know they usually shove stuff in our face before a release and try to see if we notice.
    is this one of their most obvious clues yet?
    Lindargo,

I don't believe so. I think its just a bit of fun. White Dwarf models are always fantasy, guess they thought it would be fun for the 40k crowd to have their own.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Other than saying it was a nod to GW history they made no indication of that... let alone using the s-word...

Brother-Captain

I doubt they're going to put out a SD army - but has a fantasy dwarf fan I would absolutely love it if they did. When I first saw that model I 'saw' the squat army in my head. Lots of stubby vehicles and walkers, little drop pods. BS3 T4 models in power armour...so many cool/fun ideas.

However its more then likly someones idea of a joke or possibly a not so subtle tribute to "the army that never was"
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Brother-Sergeant

For fun I might use him as a tech priest for my Guard army. I play Dwarfs in fantasy. So it fits my style.

Librarian

Furthest I could see these guys coming back as would be a sort of Vostroyan release - full Demihuman force.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    I doubt they're going to put out a SD army - but has a fantasy dwarf fan I would absolutely love it if they did. When I first saw that model I 'saw' the squat army in my head. Lots of stubby vehicles and walkers, little drop pods. BS3 T4 models in power armour...so many cool/fun ideas.

However its more then likly someones idea of a joke or possibly a not so subtle tribute to "the army that never was"
    That would be awesome.

It was quite funny after everyone went crazy over the new Ratlings before they realized what they were.
    Lindargo,

The Dark Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Lindargo View Post
    Hey guys,
    Im sure you've all seen the WD Sub mini, Grombrindal.
    Im just wondering, what if GW is just practicing modeling Space Dwarfs and trying to see what the community thinks.
    We know they usually shove stuff in our face before a release and try to see if we notice.
    is this one of their most obvious clues yet?
    Lindargo,
    No.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chapter-Master

sounds like wishful thinking to me, sorry. And id like to see the Demiurg personally....so id like to be wrong.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    sounds like wishful thinking to me, sorry. And id like to see the Demiurg personally....so id like to be wrong.
    Trust me. A new army is the last thing my wallet needs right now! I just wondered what you guys think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast