BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    I'm not doubting your knowledge, but I haven't seen that, can you quote a page number?
    I think he's thinking of the following:

Page 28:
    If the unit has not moved, models armed with rapid fire weapons may instead fire one shot at targets over 12" away, up to the weapons' maximum range.

Page 29:
    If a unit moves then it cannot shoot heavy weapons - they either move or shoot, but not both.

Neither of these rules specify the Movement phase - they just say "moved." However, look at page 27:

All weapons are classified as either Rapid Fire, Pistol, Assault, Heavy or Ordnance. These rules (found overleaf) are a measure of the weapon's portability and affect the way it can be fired in relation to the model's movement during that turn's Movement phase (emphasis added).

So the rulebook does specifically mention the Movement phase, even though the way you get there is a little convoluted.

Occuli Imperator

@Nab - Spoken like a true Attorney. Case closed, you can shoot.

Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    I think he's thinking of the following:

Page 28:
    If the unit has not moved, models armed with rapid fire weapons may instead fire one shot at targets over 12" away, up to the weapons' maximum range.

Page 29:
    If a unit moves then it cannot shoot heavy weapons - they either move or shoot, but not both.

Neither of these rules specify the Movement phase - they just say "moved." However, look at page 27:

All weapons are classified as either Rapid Fire, Pistol, Assault, Heavy or Ordnance. These rules (found overleaf) are a measure of the weapon's portability and affect the way it can be fired in relation to the model's movement during that turn's Movement phase (emphasis added).

So the rulebook does specifically mention the Movement phase, even though the way you get there is a little convoluted.
    Good skills, thanks for that.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I can't think of anything in the normal 40k that lets you force your opponent to move in his movement phase, though.
    =I= vs Blood Angels. Use a Vindicare to Kill the Chaplain that is attached to Death Company. The DC then has to move in their next movement phase towards the nearest enemy.

No directly related to the thread, but it provides you with a thought to go over...

I can see your point, but it is a slightly different situation. In your example, it is the unit special rule which requires movement, not direct intervention by the opposing player. Not that it matters, Death company can't have any heavy weapons, so forcing them to move in order to prevent the heavy weapons from firing isn't really an issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12