BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Iyanden supplement is a nice surprise! I wonder if this is the start of a new trend for armies or just a test-run to see how well this sort of supplement works?
    Considering half the new plastic releases, including the super-kit, are already Iyanden focused it wouldn't surprise me that it's an effort to really push that new plastic crack. I'd love to see future such supplements for other Craftworlds but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they don't happen.

well my bank account is going to be empty soon

Hopefully the rules wont make using wraithguard or the wraithknight impossible with the new codex eldar.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Eesh. Between The rumored new Codex and Tau/Eldar allies, it's a banner year for my Space Maureens...

Seriously good stuff. The Wraithknight carries on the design ethos of the current Wraithlord nicely. Plus, isn't that background a sly callback to some ancient Epic elements? That's pleasing.
    Yeah, Eldar Titans were piloted by Eldar Twins and Triplets, back in the day. Forgeworld got away from that with their models.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Wraithknight while impressive is a bit meh. It's not hitting my buttons.

codex cover however... That's good stuff.
    That's basically what you said about the FW Phantom, until I forced you to buy one at gunpoint, and then your song changed. Sometime tells me you'll change that song once you've got three of these.

One can only hope that they do that for other armies/craftworlds, I personally want saim hann and a proper all-noise army list for emperor's children. My noise terminators are looking dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Really, tho, I'm most excited by the idea of Codex Suppliments. That's got a lot of potential for expanding th game.
    Response B: Its got a lot of potential for wringing my wallet dry.

Battle-Brother

Default Time to get some bigger magnets!

Loving the look of these!

Wraithknight - definitely see an influence from grav tank design and Wraithseer. I guess with a pilot inside it makes sense. Ill be getting 2-3!

Eldar aircraft - I like the aggressive sleek design, but worried about how wide the wingspan will be and how cumbersome the model will be in both gameplay, transport and storage.

Book vs digital - I've been buying all of my codexs digitally, but now I imagine ill be getting both physical and digital book for this one. Anyone wishing they had an online code when you bought the physical edition for a free or at least discounted digital version?

Supplement - I wonder if this will set up other individual supplements in the future too. Saim Hann, Biel-tan, etc.

Chapter-Master

Always good when a 1st Ed Race gets an update, the blue manga rip off commy tau just don't merit the fuss.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Scout

Wow so they'll give eldar a supplement but cram all of the CSM in one book?

Well I'm a happy bunny as well. I decided to buy some Dire Avengers yesterday and paint them up differently from their normal blue. I've got two weeks to get them finished, then I can buy some of the new stuff
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast