BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I think you're reading too much into that that supplement is, its a set of history and stories about a specific faction, doesn't say that it contains anything rules wise apart from scenarios, looks more like the Heraldry books for Fantasy Battle

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    I think you're reading too much into that that supplement is, its a set of history and stories about a specific faction, doesn't say that it contains anything rules wise apart from scenarios, looks more like the Heraldry books for Fantasy Battle
    True, you could be right. But one supplement just on the history of Iyanden, when they have the chance to sell new walker toys in quantity ?
    And it does say additional rules.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 05-19-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I think I prefer supplemental Codices to "you only get Chapter Tactic with this one guy, who is over-costed"

Third Ed did this. I think it worked well. BA, DA, etc were thin little supplements to the main Marine Dex. There was an "Eldar Craftworlds" supplement to the main Eldar dex as well, giving each of the big craftworlds a unique unit and a change in FOC layout.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Chaplain

Seems like a gimmick to me. It's potentially an easy way for GW to include less content in the codex and then sell you a supplement.

Codex $50.00 + Supplement $30.00 = "better than selling you just a $50.00 codex"

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Well I think it will finally be a chance to do a supplement for all the chaos legions.
    Commander Farsight Enclave supplement
    Flesh Tearer Supplement
    Death Watch Supplement

just to name a few cool ideas
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Librarian

I still have the old catachan book upstairs. I would like to see something like that for the SM's. All those little chapters could be done. I do think it would have to be direct only though. I have talked to my local manager lots of time about more codex(s) on the shelve and he has told me that GW are happy with the amount on the shelf.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

The old suplementry codexs were stopped because people wanted more fluff and the supplements only had about 4 pages of it, they were terrible, I still have most of them here.

Brother-Captain

It sounds like it's more in line with the book that had rules for fighting in a wych arena and what not. I'm kind of curious what they'll have in there.

Quote Originally Posted by oni View Post
    Seems like a gimmick to me. It's potentially an easy way for GW to include less content in the codex and then sell you a supplement.

Codex $50.00 + Supplement $30.00 = "better than selling you just a $50.00 codex"
    No. The codex stays the same, same number of pages, same amount of content. Then you get the supplement.

They can't be any worse than the 3rd edition supplements an with any luck they may be considerably better. GW are doing well with 6th books so far, let's hope they put a decent amount of effort into the mini-books.
    Last edited by eldargal; 05-20-2013 at 06:43 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast