BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Default Codex Supplements, the future ?

So for those who have seen the leaked pictures of GWs next release "Eldar" you can't help but notice the additional supplement for Iyanden. I personally hope this is a new trend for that we will see more of in the future, with the endless possibilities I think GW have hit on something big here.

As an example, could the Black Templars have a supplement with the release of the next Space Marines codex, Maybe Iron Hands as they differ in many ways than a normal chapter. Orks maybe a proper speed freak supplement. Blood Angels, maybe a proper brutal Flesh Tearers supplement. Maybe this is where the future of Kroot is hiding, in a Tau supplement.

The possibilities are endless and don't have to mean just one supplement per codex either. I am sure you guys have plenty of ideas for a codex supplement for your own favourite armies.
    Go on have some fun and share your "wish list" or predictions for future codex supplements. You never know GW may have eyes and ears listening.

Over to you BoLs chums.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

They will follow demand I'd imagine.

Though in 3rd Ed they got roundly slagged off for doing appendex's (appendex, my word. I made it up. Just now. You're welcome)....

Guess it means they can really concentrate on balancing the main force, and then worry about restructuring for specific background separately.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It comes down to price vs. content for me. Look at the Sisters update in WD. Would you have paid more than the price of the WD for that content?

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Bitrider View Post
    It comes down to price vs. content for me. Look at the Sisters update in WD. Would you have paid more than the price of the WD for that content?
    Forget about GW and prices for the moment what supplement would you like to see for your army ?

How many times have people on here said they wish the marine codex were condensed. Maybe this is the answer ? Buy the main codex and then choose your supplement. It would give much more longevity to each codex release and would it actually cheaper to update. Supplements could be made for Dark Angels, Space Wolves and Blood Angels as examples. You would buy your main codex and add your chosen supplement for the flavour you want. It could easily be a way for GW keep armies up to date more frequently. And for the xeno players maybe you see more emphasise on your armies as not every other release would have to be marines.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 05-19-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Just a though from my Brians.....

Could this be the reason for the frankly break neck pace of Codex releases in 6th?

Work on the overall core of the army/race, then as and when, and with no real necessity to do all variants, pop out an Appendex (there's that word again!) to refresh or give more toys!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Just a though from my Brians.....

Could this be the reason for the frankly break neck pace of Codex releases in 6th?

Work on the overall core of the army/race, then as and when, and with no real necessity to do all variants, pop out an Appendex (there's that word again!) to refresh or give more toys!
    But then again, why would they have released the DA before the new Space Marines? Though it would be a great idea, I don`t see GW going with base codexes + supplements for all armies.

Will depend upon how much they deviate from template.

DA are not just dark green marines. They have enough oddities and variance where an Appendex (this will become common vernacular!) would be a disservice. Black Templars? Not so much. At least at present, who knows what we'll see in the future.

Besides, it doesn't necessarily all variants will be have to be Appendex's. Some may still really require a separate Codex overall.

Chapter-Master

SW, DA, BA - too big for supplement. BT, IH, RG, IF - could be done. The Smurfs are Codex Astartes. oh yeah - Black Templar players - all 5 of you -don't rant at me - we already have a thread where I have shown you have some 5 or so different units on the table tp, to the space wolves 15+. This low number of variance units is why you don't merit a codex (I would be pleased for you if you got one though, I'm not all bad.)
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    SW, DA, BA - too big for supplement. BT, IH, RG, IF - could be done. The Smurfs are Codex Astartes. oh yeah - Black Templar players - all 5 of you -don't rant at me - we already have a thread where I have shown you have some 5 or so different units on the table tp, to the space wolves 15+. This low number of variance units is why you don't merit a codex (I would be pleased for you if you got one though, I'm not all bad.)
    i agree completely. This is how the SM's need to be done.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Maybe Iron Hands as they differ in many ways than a normal chapter.
    Hallelujah Bols chum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast