BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    to be honest it doesn't really matter if they are wargear not.
    It does matter quite a bit. Fenrisan Wolves are models that are wargear.
    Last edited by Magpie; 05-19-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    It does matter quite a bit. Fenrisan Wolves are models that are wargear.
    Same worth squigs and ammo runts.

If people like daborder want to be sperg-lords and do that stuff because it literally says you can in the rules, that's fine, up to them, I would t want to play them though, because they're terrible people. Belittling people because they want to have and enjoyable game even if it means ignoring a logical inconsistency they could use for their advantage is not what the game is about.

Oh and BRB Page 8, Spirit of the Game, it's in the rules.
    Last edited by OrksOrksOrks; 05-20-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post

If people like daborder want to be sperg-lords and do that stuff because it literally says you can in the rules, that's fine, up to them, I would t want to play them though, because they're terrible people. Belittling people because they want to have and enjoyable game even if it means ignoring a logical inconsistency they could use for their advantage is not what the game is about.

Oh and BRB Page 8, Spirit of the Game, it's in the rules.
    what you claim to be the spirit of the game is basically just whatever lets you get your own way right?

Rules are rules genius, I could say its in the spirit of the game that marines always win, doesn't make it true, but if I argue would you really roll that 4+?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    what you claim to be the spirit of the game is basically just whatever lets you get your own way right?

Rules are rules genius, I could say its in the spirit of the game that marines always win, doesn't make it true, but if I argue would you really roll that 4+?
    Do you have any friends at all with that attitude? I'm amazed you would ever get to play, I'd pack up my dice as soon as you opened your stupid mouth.

Spirit of the game is something everyone knows, its clear, the game is about having fun and making sure you both enjoy the time you're putting in, how would your example do that? You can't prove your point because you're a rules-obsessed autistic with no social skills or problem solving ability, so instead you're trying to change to point to what you want it to be so you can laugh at it, you see it a lot of hobby forums, people making ridiculous claims and stretching the other persons arguments to breaking point instead of trying to back up their own, its called a flase equivilent, look that up and work on your debating skills.

The rules aren't just hard and fast rules anyway, again, page 8 of the BRB make that clear, the rules are a starting point to facilitate making the game fun and interesting.

There is a logical way of reading the rules, or an aspergers way of reading them, its clear to anyone with a functioning brain that the riptide is not supposed to be joined by an IC, its obvious, same with the carnifex units, normal people get this and play like this, GW writed the rules for normal people, not you lot and your obsessive little minds that can't feel good about themselves unless they beat a 12 year kid at a game.

Spi but weridoes

Just to clarify, why is allowing IC's to join with a Riptide not "cricket" ?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

There is a logical way of reading the rules, or an aspergers way of reading them, its clear to anyone with a functioning brain that the riptide is not supposed to be joined by an IC, its obvious, same with the carnifex units, normal people get this and play like this, GW writed the rules for normal people, not you lot and your obsessive little minds that can't feel good about themselves unless they beat a 12 year kid at a game.
    I fail to see how directly ignoring rules is what was intended.

How are you drawing these lines in the rules in your brain?

A Carnifex can be taken in broods of 1-3....but because of the wiring in your brain you think that the previously quoted rule intends that because they are MC's they may not be joined by a prime......despite them clearly being a brood with multiples...

So would you then argue that Mephiston can be joined by Corbulo? Because the rule your butchering clearly states its intended for MC and Vehicles....

The rule is very simple and black and white, there is no grey area where you can whine, moan and table flip because the other person interpreted it differently, it is straight up set in stone.

edit:

I mean the rule even goes out of its way to highlight that only MOST monstrous creatures are single model units, not all and yet you still manage to fail comprehension.

Independent Characters can join other units. They cannot, however,
    join vehicle squadrons (see page 77) or units that always consist of a
    single model (such as most vehicles and Monstrous Creatures). They
    can join other Independent Characters, though, to form a powerful
    multicharacter unit!
    edit 3:

Magpie, these problems arise as people don't like it when their opponent out smarts them through the use of force multipliers to increase the effectiveness of a unit beyond what they were expecting, it forces them to think on their feet about how to deal with the situation and usually the kind of people who make such ridiculous arguments find it easier to just bemoan their dice/opponent/codex/universe.
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-20-2013 at 04:15 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

its clear to anyone with a functioning brain that the riptide is not supposed to be joined by an IC, its obvious, same with the carnifex units, normal people get this and play like this, GW writed the rules for normal people, not you lot and your obsessive little minds that can't feel good about themselves unless they beat a 12 year kid at a game.
    Sorry but it's not obvious at all. I can see no rules or sportsmanship reason why IC's cannot join Riptides or Carnifexes, I'd be glad to hear your thoughts

BTW if your going to cast doubts on the functionality of peoples brains, you might want to not use words like "writed"
    Just saying.

If people like daborder want to be sperg-lords and do that stuff because it literally says you can in the rules, that's fine, up to them, I would t want to play them though, because they're terrible people. Belittling people because they want to have and enjoyable game even if it means ignoring a logical inconsistency they could use for their advantage is not what the game is about. .
    Squigs and ammo runts have a statline? And count as part of the unit for all other purposes?

its clear to anyone with a functioning brain that the riptide is not supposed to be joined by an IC, its obvious, same with the carnifex units, normal people get this and play like this
    Not any normal people that I know. Those that I know look at the rules, at definitions of words in a dictionary if they don't know them, and decide based on WHAT THE RULES SAY, not on "how they feel like playing".

Alternately, we do have some games with some house rules. Calvinball in 40k, as it were. That's fine. Nothing wrong with a house rule that says that units with an MC in them cannot be joined by ICs. What is wrong is pretending that this is how the main rules read, rather than realizing that it's just how someone chooses to play the game instead of using the rules as close as possible to how they are written.

Brother-Captain

This is one of the changes to 6th and it seems some people are having trouble adjusting. It went from ICs can not join a unit that would normally contain one model to can not join a unit that is always one model.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast