BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Librarian

Actually bfmusahi, it was the same in 5th ed., I remember the big debate over Mordrak from the GK codex.

As it stands, the Riptide is not alway a single model and can be joined by IC's.
    Once again Drones are confusing to people.
    Last edited by SeattleDV8; 05-20-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Brother-Captain

Y'know, I went and cracked open the 5th rulebook and you are correct. It says always.

I think 4th ed was different? IC's couldn't join each other back then I seem to remember.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    I think 4th ed was different? IC's couldn't join each other back then I seem to remember.
    I believe 4th was straight up, cannot join MC's or Vehicles.

At the time there were no non-MC/Vehicles single model units, nor were there any MC broods (the HT/TG being a weird exception).
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Ok well that has changed now.

I still don't really see why joining an IC to a Riptide is such a terrible thing to do?

First-Captain

It's terrible, because now your riptide can possibly have +2 cover save and 4 shield drones which 2 have a 3+ invulnerable save.

It can now re roll scatter, have twin linked shooting 7 ap 2 shoots any one and possibly deny cover.

I think a big one which I like my tides is for the three strength 10 smash attacks and with a commaner in to that's three strength 10 hits that re roll wounds on MC's and tanks.

In essence you just made an already hard to deal with unit even more of a pain. Also not to mention it can now have hit and run due to a commander.

I would get mad too if that garbage was thrown at me. It's like this moment I had.

Ok I have a swarmlord. I go ok. He has a body guard. Sure what ever, and now he puts a prime with the unit with a Swarmlord withthe endurance ability. That is a wtf. After 10 mininutes causing the whole gaming store to litterly rage. I thought it was going to be a battle royal. Eventually someone went on the Faq and read through the rules.

Even though it's a Wtf it's legal. Same as lower those models to leadership 2 and instant killing them with a calladius assasin, better pass that deny the witch and get iron arm on that swarmlord.

Anyway if that load of bs can fly than the riptide/ commander or shadowsun bs can fly. Oh did I mention that the riptide can possibly infiltrate, yeah. Heck you can put a commander and shadowsun with a riptide for the ultimate FU. +2 cover saves anyone with infiltrate. That a possible 14 ap 1-2 shots that can rain down on any unit within 12" plus missile drones and what ever drones the commaner desides to bring. With shadowsun you can hit and run on a 5. Man that's 6 shield drones to get through.

Brother-Captain

And now they've infiltrated a unit that's most effective at range closer to you and they've limited themselves to shooting only one target a turn with that saturation of firepower?

First-Captain

That's what target locks are for. If desired it can split fire 4-5 differant targets. Not to mention thorowing in an eldar jetbike farseer in the mix. You can put some interesting HQ's from eldar and space marines in that unit as well.

Brother-Captain

I am clearly missing how the unit got Split Fire and how it can target more than two units with it.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I am clearly missing how the unit got Split Fire and how it can target more than two units with it.
    Shasow sun comes with target lock
    You can give target lock to both the commander and the riptide.

Hince 3 splitfiring models with shadowsun that can split twice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast