BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Subject-Thats why i love plasma. Which reminds me, I am almost tempted to buy another leman russ executioner. Just for the hilarity of so much plasma fire. but 4 leman russes are enough.
    I think....
    I really want a Plasma Baneblade Varient, but what the hell is it called.

It would explain where the Death Spectres Strike Cruiser went to, their isent a Harris Teater in all of Segmentum Obscurus, they had to run over to Solar.

Anyway, I would say Demons are the easiest race to justify it fighting each other.

How the hell do you justify Tau Vs Tau Battles?

Tau vs Tau. Isn't that why Commander Farsight exists? To justify that. Othwise there's always demonic possession/corruption.

I'm more curious as to why eldar would fight each other. Baring demonic possession there's to few of them to actually warrant any wars. I'm pretty sure that it's even mentioned in the codex that larger battles between craftworlds almost never takes place they have some ceremonial battle thing to solve it instead.

I guess that' what eldar do then, mock battles of doom

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Fellend View Post
    Tau vs Tau. Isn't that why Commander Farsight exists? To justify that. Othwise there's always demonic possession/corruption.

I'm more curious as to why eldar would fight each other. Baring demonic possession there's to few of them to actually warrant any wars. I'm pretty sure that it's even mentioned in the codex that larger battles between craftworlds almost never takes place they have some ceremonial battle thing to solve it instead.

I guess that' what eldar do then, mock battles of doom
    Eldar go into a giant 'my craftworld is better than your craftworld' debate. Then Slaanesh comes and noms on them...
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

And the Imperium doesn't go under my version of the Emperor is better than your version of the Emperor and then Khorn laughs at the ensuing slaughter catagory? =P

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Magos View Post
    but 4 leman russes are enough.
    Yes. Yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Nurgle View Post
    Then Slaanesh comes and noms on them...
    DAMN! I just busted my other nut!
    Slaanesh "nomming" on them just makes me think about lolcats ransacking eldar...
    "I can has your souls?"
    "Sadistic cat is sadistic"
    "Monorail cat delivers reinforcements"
    "Ceiling cat is watching you DIE!!!"
    Goodbye Bols!

Veteran-Sergeant

But I bought a Basilisk instead , and I may get a second one....

Guard Vs Guard is extremely easy to justify at least

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Magos View Post
    But I bought a Basilisk instead , and I may get a second one....
    Damn your eyes.
    Goodbye Bols!

Default The imperium of man is falling apart

We don't see this much as codicies are written as propaganda pieces for their own armies,

But back in the RT/2nd days, and even in the 3rd big book, it was dead clear that the Imperium had a great number of cracks in the wall. Most of this now exists in the FF RPGs, but is still very clear in the visuals of the minis themselves. For a thousand reasons, the empire has been falling down for ten thousand years. Power plays within the administratum. Incomplete geneseed submissions by chapters (see the Astral Claws campaign that the Fly Lords put together). Prophets of the emperor preaching a gospel of hope and renewal, then paving the way for Tzeentch to seep in. Genestealer cults. Inquisitorial purges.

Really, its' the steadfast devotion of the Astartes that hold it together. The guard serves its masters--Planetary nobles, the administratum, the inquisitor that has hijacked them, or the master of profit under the banner of a Rogue Trader (my army). Sometimes, in the process of defending their homes or holding back alien menaces, they do the right thing. But in the grim dark of the future, mankind fights mankind just as often as it does the alien menaces threatening to burn their way to Terra.

Whenever the two of you fight, think of it as you would any war between armies with noble warrior ethics, but bent on paving their correct interpretation of the truth in a path of human blood. Think of how when the alien menaces showed up, you might again stand shoulder-to-shoulder.

That's the beauty of 40k...that one day you can be the good guy, another the bad, and sometimes just the ugly guy. There are a great many battles where I watch the 'nids eat their way across the world and say 'good riddance.' Then there are others where I tear up thinking of the calamity. The same goes for the Eldar; their beauty, their art and grace, and their defiance of death/extinction itself...and in the same breath, their arrogance, ennui, and stoicism---(think of Elrond when he's acting the dick). Within the tales of the internecine wars of the imperium, the story is no different.

And of course, all it takes is one general posessed by Khorne to turn on his buds...

Imperial vs Imperial is the easiest thing to justify. Just shout 'HERETIC' at each other for a few minutes and open fire.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by supervis24 View Post
    Imperial vs Imperial is the easiest thing to justify. Just shout 'HERETIC' at each other for a few minutes and open fire.
    I like your Avatar.
    Even if it is killing Necrons, it's nice to have them mentioned as a legitimate threat.
    People underestimate us...
    Goodbye Bols!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast