BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Let's see:
    1. Eldar players have to play twice as much for their full set of rules
    2. Eldar players have to pay $30 more for their uber kit compared to the most recent price-topping Tau uber kit.
    3. Long-awaited plastic Wraithguard are getting the Possessed treatment with nice kits but crap rules
    4. New flyer looks nothing like existing Eldar craft.
    5. Plastic Farseer is long overdue, and way pricey compared to WFB plastic Empire Wizard kit.
    6. don't care about Failcrap.

Repackaged Jetbikes are worthless, having had new Jetbike scuplt teased for years.

And note the repackaged Dire Avengers - half the models for basically no savings in price.

And that Wraithknight looks like ***. Barrel chested and clumsy, not sleek. Tiny, little girl hands.

Of all of this, I think I'm only getting the basic Eldar Codex.

If / when GW ever pulls their head out of their ***, I'll reconsider, but not likely..

Brother-Captain

I'll bet you Iyanden is no more necessary than Crusade of Fire and that it contains the same sort of things.

If nothing else, though, maybe the Iyanden book explains what we might see in the future since this Eldar release is essentially the Iyanden army. A supplemental book for Saim-Hann with new Jetbikes and that rumored bigger tank, one for Biel-tan with plastic Aspect warriors and a big new fancy Avatar, one for Ulthwe with storm guardians, one for Alaitoc with plastic rangers/pathfinders.

The only thing that makes this all not add up properly is that only the 4th codex release of an edition is going this way, as opposed to releasing C:SM and making Dark Angels a supplemental.

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    If nothing else, though, maybe the Iyanden book explains what we might see in the future since this Eldar release is essentially the Iyanden army. A supplemental book for Saim-Hann with new Jetbikes and that rumored bigger tank, one for Biel-tan with plastic Aspect warriors and a big new fancy Avatar, one for Ulthwe with storm guardians, one for Alaitoc with plastic rangers/pathfinders.

The only thing that makes this all not add up properly is that only the 4th codex release of an edition is going this way, as opposed to releasing C:SM and making Dark Angels a supplemental.
    New Sain-Hann Codex - $50+

New Alaitoc Codex - $50+

New Biel-Tan Codex - $50+

I will pass on these and will pass on any Codex that costs $50 and is really worth half that.

Remember these books will only be useful and will be replaced in the 8th Edition and by then GW will have the price up to around $75.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sainhann View Post
    New Sain-Hann Codex - $50+

New Alaitoc Codex - $50+

New Biel-Tan Codex - $50+

I will pass on these and will pass on any Codex that costs $50 and is really worth half that.

Remember these books will only be useful and will be replaced in the 8th Edition and by then GW will have the price up to around $75.
    I wasn't aware one could remember things that have yet to happen! We truly live in an age of miracles.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    Let's see:
    1. Eldar players have to play twice as much for their full set of rules
    2. Eldar players have to pay $30 more for their uber kit compared to the most recent price-topping Tau uber kit.
    3. Long-awaited plastic Wraithguard are getting the Possessed treatment with nice kits but crap rules
    4. New flyer looks nothing like existing Eldar craft.
    5. Plastic Farseer is long overdue, and way pricey compared to WFB plastic Empire Wizard kit.
    6. don't care about Failcrap.

Repackaged Jetbikes are worthless, having had new Jetbike scuplt teased for years.

And note the repackaged Dire Avengers - half the models for basically no savings in price.

And that Wraithknight looks like ***. Barrel chested and clumsy, not sleek. Tiny, little girl hands.

Of all of this, I think I'm only getting the basic Eldar Codex.

If / when GW ever pulls their head out of their ***, I'll reconsider, but not likely..
    1. The full set of rules are in Codex: Eldar; Codex: Iyanden is an addition to it, so you cant say that yore being 'forced' to buy it.

2. Yeah, but its also at least 30% bigger than the Riptide. Although I will agree that charging near battleforce prices for just one 'model' is steep.

3. Do you know the rules for Wraithguard/Wraithblades? Pray tell, what are the stats of their weapons; what slots do they take up; do they still require wraithseer support?

4. The fact that it doesnt mirror the nightwing or the phoenix/vampire doesnt automatically make it a bad kit, nor this a valid point for negativity.

5. Still seems to be in line with most recent clam-pack releases...

6. To each his own. Moving on...

Regarding the Jetbikes, yes it sucks that they wont be released with Codex launch; however, options do exist:

-Convert your own. Ive seen conversions using DE jetbikes, CWE jetbikes with converted riders, etc.

-Failing that, get in touch with GhostMiniatures via CoolMiniOrNot, the guy there has very good-looking alternatives...

Pertaining to the WraithKnight; so what if it doesn't appeal to your individual tastes? Conversions go a long way, just saying...

I'll be the first to criticize GW if they deserve it, believe you me. But, try to do it in a more constructive way in the future...

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrategist View Post
    -Convert your own. Ive seen conversions using DE jetbikes, CWE jetbikes with converted riders, etc.
    Yep made my own (12) a year ago: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1110.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	4094

Chapter-Master

I'm planning on trying to scratchbuild a Wraithknight. Shouldn't cost more than some greenstuff, a sheet of plasticard, and a couple toothbrushes. The only real question is if I can make it look good. If I can, Wraithknight spam.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

1. We'll see. I'm guessing that Iyanden is more than background and hobby guide.

2. "near battleforce"? The Eldar battleforce is $115. So are are the Apocalypse Stompa, Baneblade and Shadowsword. And it's not 30% bigger. It's 10-15% bigger, which would suggest a price of $95 or so.

3. Stats were shared of WB being A1, which is fail.

Anyhow, enough.

Brother-Captain

Dude, you don't have the Power of Enough or This Ends Now. Don't pretend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast