BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Multiple Grenades

Hi,

in my latest games against Grey Knights following questions arose:

1. Can a unit use different grenades in one assault phase?
    I.e. when a GK unit charges, can it use Frag- AND Psyk-out Grenades simultaneously?

2. Do a unit gain the benefits of the grenades from an independent character?
    I.e. when a unit without defensive grenades is accompanied by a (independent) character with defensive grenades (or similar like rad grenades) is charged, does the whole unit benefit from the character's grenade? How about offensive grenades?

What are your thoughts?

Greetings,

Nightwing

Chapter-Master

They get all of the grenades. All of them. Always. It's glorious. Never seen a unit containing frag, rad, psyk-out, psykotroke, and blind grenades lose combat, ever, and I play GKs.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Hi,

do you have any rule reference for this?

Hi,

DarkLink is right. If the rules say that a unit benefits from grenade X, and a unit benefits from grenade Y, they obviously get both unless you find a rule that says a unit has to pick. There is no such rule, which obviously we can't prove, but you can look all day and you won't find it.

As to your second question, all you need to remember is that an attached independent character is part of the unit. The grenade description then tells you whether the grenade works for the bearer's unit (sometimes phrased as "a unit with X grenades ...") or the model. For instance, one guy with defensive grenades benefits the entire unit, but assault grenades benefit only the bearer.

Not to derail the thread, but on a slightly different note...do grenade effects stack? For example, if a unit gets hit by two different units with rad grenade launchers (RW black knights) do they stack for a -2T, or just one? I'm leaning towards a -1 due to the wording of "if a unit gets hit with one or more..."

Chapter-Master

Basic logic dictates that if it says "one or more", it doesn't stack. If you hit it with one grenade, it's "one or more" and thus -1T. If you hit it with fifty bajillion grenades, that's also "one or more" and thus -1T. RW grenades are worded this way for a reason. GK rad grenades are FAQ'd or Errata'd to be the same, if they're not already worded like that, I don't recall exactly but I know they don't stack.

You'd have to check the wording to see if RW Rad Grenades and GK Rad Grenades can stack to -2T because they're from different sources.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

The latest GK FAQ covers the stackability of Rad etc grenades, they don't stack.
    Last edited by Magpie; 05-21-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Hi,

There is no rule stating you can use multiple grenades in an assault, but more importantly, there is no limitation on how many different kinds you can use at a time beyond the one per shooting phase limit on p.61.

Playing against 'Codex: Grenades' is not much fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast