BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2000 Pt. Space Marines

Hey y'all! Just wanted some thoughts and criticism on this 2000 pt. army list I have been working on for a local tournament. I wanted to focus on the Space Marine's versatility. What does everyone think? Thanks!

HQ:
    Chaplain: Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs, Jump Pack

TROOPS:
    10-Man Tactical Squad: Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Power Sword

5-Man Tactical Squad: Combi-Flamer, Razorback w/ Dozer Blade

5-Man Scout Squad: Combat Blades, Bolt Pistols, Power Fist, and Melta Bombs

ELITES:
    Dreadnought: DCC w/ Heavy Flamer, Assault Cannon

5-Man Terminator Assault Squad: 3x Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, 2x Lightning Claws

5-Man Sternguard Veterans: 2x Combi-Flamers, 3x Combi-Meltas, Drop Pod

FAST ATTACK:
    5-Man Assault Squad: Combat Shield, 2x Plasma Pistols, Power Fist

Land Speeder Storm: Multi-Melta

Stormtalon Gunship: Twin-Linked Lascannons

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Land Raider Crusader: Multi-Melta

Stormraven Gunship: Twin-Linked Lascannons, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta

Predator: Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

TACTICS:
    -Scouts in the Land Speeder Storm to suicide a major vehicle/heavy target.

-Pair the Chaplain and the Assault Squad in the Stormraven with the Dreadnought.

-After drop-off, support the Stormraven with the Stormtalon to pop heavies.

-Pair Assault Terminators with the Land Raider.

Sorry to commit threadomancy, but would really like some feedback if possible. Thanks, everyone!

First-Captain

I don't know what to say really. I'm not a marine player so it's hard for me to sy what's good or bad with your list. I think combat scouts are odd. I seen it work whn you give them +1 attack.

I see very hard melee in that army. You get scouts, terms, and assault marines across relatively fast and they assualt every thing. The only problem I see is you have no real anti-horde and no option in case you are fighting armies that are btter than you in combat.

That being said it's still a good list and it depends on how you play with it.

Looks like amazing fun to me. Only play testing will show if it works or not though.

Nice to see absolutly no spam.

It looks like a really fun list. Lots of variety.
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

Troops, I'm not sure you've got enough. At 2k I often feel like I don't have enough with 2 10 man tacs in rhinos and a 6 man Telion sniper team camping at home, though that may just come down to my rotten luck with dice. That said, as you're intending to effectively suicide the scouts, 15 tac marines aren't holding squat objective wise.

Similarly, your Assault marines. Despite the name, Assault Marines aren't all that great in assault. They may beat up to regular old tactical marines, but especially with only 5 things like Grey Hunter packs and Grey Knights, or any real dedicated CC unit is going to mulch them, even with the chaplain.

A footslogging dreadnought that has to get within 24" for the assault cannon is probably going to have a tough time of it, though you do have a lot of other more threatening targets for AV fire so it may make it across the board, just don't expect it to last long once it gets there.

With the Stormtalon I'd just say, from my own experience, if they have an Aegis Defense Line, or any other sort of AA gun, it needs to die before the Stormtalon comes in. I'd really recommend you need more than one if you want to use them because they go down so easy to AA fire with only AV11 and 2HP.

Off the top of my head I'd say straight up drop the assault marines, give the chaplain termi armor and join him to the termis, then either
    - Drop the Stormraven and add two more Thunder hammer termis and put them in the LR
    - Drop the Land Raider and put the termis in the stormraven
    Then after either of those options see if you can't shuffle anything else around to your liking to get another tactical squad in there. Maybe a thunderfire if you can swing it too. As someone else mentioned you're light on anti-horde

THank you all so much! Especially Patrick Boyle. I appreciate the crap out of all of the suggestions!