BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Xbox One

Chapter-Master

It would normally, but considering half the city would pretty much automatically condemn the other half its the closest they have to "fair trial"

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

So....I've had the box for a few weeks now.

Graphically superior to the XBOX, can't wait for a few more years until the games aren't mostly just ports. The sheer number of zombies on screen in DR3 is hella impressive. The controller is nice. Kinect is crisp and responsive, the boot up time and download speed are also great improvements.

Downsides? The 360 is a more user friendly console. To be in private chat with someone on the ONe you need to be in the same game. You can be in a party on seperate games, but not talk. To read messages you need to leave the game you're playing and navigate a few windows. And it doesn't tell you when you get a message, you just find out when you go back to the dashboard. Same goes for game invites.

So hardware good, software needs work. But they've said they're changing that already so....

Games. Only got 3 so far.

Assassins Creed 4 - Available on everything, super fun. I'm just doing pirate things and ignoring the story for hours at a time. Significant improvements all round compared to AC3 and Connor, the boring faceman you hoped would get killed by the bad guy, who was far more interesting

Battlefield 4. Great fun, but again available on everything. Getting new MP maps before anyone is nice, but not super impressive. Few bugs, but thats EA for you....

Dead Rising 3. Only exclusive and real next gen game i own so far. Is great, played 12 hours or so on release day. But haven't been back to yet cos AC4 has sucked me in like a 2 gran d an hour hooker. Shows the power and is a lot of fun, mindlessly killing. ONly thing i dislike is the pause menu is kinect enabled. And keeps mishearing things and bringing up the menu all the time, so have to play in a quiet room
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Can't be bothered linking but Microsoft announced this morning that the Xbox One hit 2.1 million sales world-wide in 18 days! Awesome stuff, and with the PS4 doing similar numbers (albeit in four less days), console gaming is truly alive and well!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

They are impressive numbers....

Assuming equal numbers around 4 million consoles...£400 in average.... £1.6 billion has been spent on consoles in the last 3 weeks....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940