BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One

Occuli Imperator

Certainly wouldn't need central heating for my house...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

one thing I don't like is this push to incorporate all sorts of media. both the xbox and PS are going to have so much extra stuff tacked on. each one is a one stop entertainment hub, like every other piece of tech in my house these days...
    can I just have one that plays games?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

you want a Wii U then...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    you want a Wii U then...
    If only that had games...
    Otherwise it is just a lovefilm HD streamer
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    If only that had games...
    Otherwise it is just a lovefilm HD streamer
    Then I'd be all

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Sorry Doc, just re-read that, every console argument ever has been a pissing contest about specs, it only stops mattering when there's a clear winner
    Spec arguments are red herrings. It's the games that matter. The 360 has outsold the PS3 despite generally weaker hardware, and the Wii outsold them both. And when it's a contest between a few thousand dollars for a good gaming PC vs a few hundred for a plug and play console... unless computers are your hobby or you've got no life, there really isn't much of a contest.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    As opposed to the PS4 reveal that didnt evn show the console or any games that weren't CGI and weren't running on the console and just showed that they can record video and share it straight to youtube

This was never going to be about games it was only about hardware. E3 is for the games

Timed exclusive CoD content, 15 exclusives in year 1, 8 new unique IPs....Microsoft was a lot better here than Sony were.
    Better than Sony's launch is damning with faint praise. They told you next to nothing about the hardware. They spent roughly to twenty to 30 minutes telling you about how you can watch TV on it, whilst no doubt getting a shameless kick back for saying 'Star Trek' as many times as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Having said that I think having a working demo is a brilliant stroke of genius which PS4 should have done, rather than using pre-rendered shots run though a demo pc.
    I'll just await my HMC.
    It is not a stroke of genius, it is basic business sense. In virtually any other context, launching a product without the actual product is business suicide.

The biggest issue is MS massively mis-pitched this. Whilst having an all-round entertainment system will sell well and opens up a new market, the people who care about that are not the people who tune in to watch a live-streamed product launch. The hardcore gamers are and the only bones they got tossed were an EA sports commercial and the oh so exciting news that CoD now has dogs with much more realistic looking fur. I get that they will hold most of the game news back for E3, but they failed one of the most basic business tests of knowing your market.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Occuli Imperator

I was being facetiousness...

Chapter-Master

I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    didn't bother watching the reveal, got plenty of time to learn all about it. I will say it looks like it was made in the 80s though. does it take beta max?
    Beige-box betamax indeed.
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast