BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    Another thing to consider withthe competition out there is that most ACTUAL professional painting studios are real businesses and have set up accounts with either GW or more likely with a distributor and buy their models at wholesale, so they have less cash in a given model than an average consumer who is reselling a mini they've painted. Yours would have to be exceptional or have something unique going for it to really stand out.
    This. Being able to buy at US Trade (45% off) does wonders for your profit margins. Of course you technically must have a brick and mortar store to do so. I have a local retailer that sells at 25% off. Could be a happy medium there. No shipping costs since it's local, no expense of the brick and mortar.

If you start small, this could work well for you. Just remember that your skill on the brush is important, but equally important is your business skill. Lots of great chefs have lousy restaurants.

Brother-Captain

That's where I was state many use distributors. THe discount is only %35, but they don't have GW breathing down their necks saying what they can and cannot sell online.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12