BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Silversurfer View Post
    I'm not sure you can put 2 doctrines on veterans (at least, it's clear in the french codex ...), so check your codex and I guess you will spare some points ...

There are a lot of points sinks and Tallarn told you about some of them. But I would add :
    _ bodyguards
    _ medics
    _ powerfists (as said Tallarn)
    _ heavy bolters on valkyries (as if you want to move fast, it will prevent to fire them)

I would tell you also to consider replacing 2 valkyries with 2 vendettas and meltas in 1 veteran squad with plasma guns.

I'm also not sure Straken is a valuable choice in such a list.

With all those points spared, you could think about plasma pistols for some of your vet sarges and some deepstriking or snaking stormtroopers.
    They can. The IG codex states on page 40 "The squad can choose any of the following doctrines.."

Straken is very valuable if used properly. He needs to be in a transport, so that he is in range of the other squads and his abilities and orders can be conferred to them.

for a themed list its cool but

need a surfboard on the side of one valk
    commander in cowboy hat
    hi-fi modelled inside command valk
    and
    ride of the valkyries on your mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Lord Haestus View Post
    This is the proper answer for demolition or any other barrage type weapons. The shot, as long as it is fired or thrown within range can scatter past it's maximum. Just because it goes too far doesn't make it impotent.
    Untrue my friend. I thought that was as well, but, acording to the BBB under the blast weapon, i think second paragraph? it states if the center hole scatters outside the weapons range, it counts as a miss. I don't have my book next to me so I cannot give a page number, but yeah....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12