BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Was buying the collectors edition of a codex worth the price?

For those of you that bought the CE of a codex do you think it was worth the price you paid? I am thinking of getting the Eldar CE but wanted to see what other thought of their own CE purchase.

I am also interested, did it come with anything extra or was it just "fancy"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    Probably just more old time fluff and fancy.

I would pass on it.

Having bought the CE of Dark Angels & Tau, I would say not really. I'm pretty sure the only reason I bought them was that I have GW collector's disease. They could put out a limited edition turd and for some reason I would feel compelled to buy it.

I thought they only had a slightly more bling cover...do they have any additional content or free bits and bobs?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I've bought every collectors edition so far, and will continue too.

1) because I am loving 6th edition, enough that I want to invest the money into making this edition something special to me.

2) because I like the limited printing, the covers and the product.

3) because I have relatives in the UK I am able to order the limited edition codex for the price of the regular codex if I am willing to wait a couple of weeks postage.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    It doesn't come with anything extra, it is just fancy. I bought the Dark Angels Limited Edition Codex and standard codex, there is NO difference in content. The limited edition codex comes with a fancy dust jacket and a card telling you which number you purchased. Other than that, nothing.

Brother-Sergeant

The only difference in the normal run of a codex and the collectors edition run is the cover art... So basically if the different picture is worth the doubling of price to you then it's worth it, if the different picture is just a picture to you then no it's not worth it

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by darthslowe View Post
    It doesn't come with anything extra, it is just fancy. I bought the Dark Angels Limited Edition Codex and standard codex, there is NO difference in content. The limited edition codex comes with a fancy dust jacket and a card telling you which number you purchased. Other than that, nothing.
    The Covering and presentation are completely different. Aside from the dust jacket the lmtd DA codex also features a fabric cover with imprinted DW and RW symbols on either side, it contains the tassle marker. and the edging on the pages is black finishing.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Do you want a fancy cover and do you feel justified in spending an extra $40 or whatever it is for said fancy cover? If the answer is yes to this question, then buy the LE codex. If the answer is "that's all I get is a fancy cover?" then use said $40 to pay for half of almost half a Wraith Knight...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast