BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I love to play against horde armies, especially the ones that want to rush into close combat and kick your head in. It's a ton of fun to have a tidal wave of Gaunts or Boyz charging your lines while you frantically fire as many shots as possible into them so you can hope to counter-assault.

The armies I dislike playing against are the highly mobile shooting ones like the Eldar, Tau and certain Guard lists. Armies that don't actually want to fight (i.e., armies that refuse to engage you in close combat unless they have a massive advantage) and would prefer to spend the game running away piss me off.

When it comes to the armies I like actually controlling myself, I like really quick and deadly assault armies. Gunlines bore me - I like to get in my opponent's face and kick their *****, hence playing both Blood Angels and Daemons.

My favorite to play against id say is either my friends Tyranids where we always have very close games or my other friends Orks back in 4th where our games tended to end in a draw because everything was dead. had moments where I was yelling "waaaaagh!" and he was the one playing Orks and I was playing IG! Wish that jerk played more these days...
    Last edited by RocketRollRebel; 11-06-2009 at 02:44 AM.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I love playing Grey Knights, but hate how weak their rules are compared to pretty much every other codex (other than Necrons).
    I would love playing against grey kngihts had I ever gotton the chance. both me and my my friend have some grey knights but they suck that much that they are never used

Chapter-Master

I hate,hate,hate playing nids (especaly when opponent cheats!) its just sooooooooo boring cant shoot, oh theres the venomcannon spam 0h cant assault theres 3 fexs, lictor, broodlord, and lotsa points tyrant+ guard! love fighting marines, tau and necrons ( monolith+ warsythe= pain!)

love playing my blood angels and attached exrocists it all foucuses on 1 rhino with a teleport homer!
    and i want to try out radicial DH no attachments!

the unlucky dice one

fuzzbuket
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

i'd quite enjoy a horde versus horde game, orks vs tyranids or something. both armies have similar tactics and it generally boils down to who gets the charge.

I'd ahve to agree with people that necrons are quite boring to play with and against although i think mass destroyers vs Saim hein would be gd

Battle-Brother

Well i have yet to play against all armies, but i really dislike playing my buddies Tau. Especially if he gets first turn... my tanks have to hide in fear if we are playing him.

I do enjoy playing against chaos though. I have not played the lash list yet, my group plays more for fun that competition.. but against chaos i have my best luck.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by zanzibarthefirst View Post
    I would love playing against grey kngihts had I ever gotton the chance. both me and my my friend have some grey knights but they suck that much that they are never used
    Stick them in a Land Raider and make sure they get the assault, and they do pretty well. Once you learn how to play them, they can do ok, but all their fights will be uphill battles. There is never an easy victory for the Grey Knights.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Occuli Imperator

I hate playing daemons... It just seems like they have every exception in the book. (May just be my perception)

I love playing Orks. Most people who play Orks have a great sense of humour. One time a local ork player told me that I couldn't shoot at him becasue his orks were immune to bolts... great fun.

I would love to play as Grey Knights, but with the limit of the model options (a whole army with the same 5 models, barf!) and the weakness of the rules it kinda stinks.

Duke

Brother-Sergeant

looking down the barrel of the Tau gun line is a true pain. i'd like to give them a try though.

i like my Undivided Chaos force (still growing) keeping the balance between assault and shooting or just going full either way. i'm looking forward to playing my Drop pod force of Red Scorpions, even if the Forge World rules are not allowed.
    -Chris
    tied more games than i've won and still have fun every time i lose.

Brother-Captain

I love playing my Orks. Despite everything they're just damn fun to play (same goes for my Skaven).

I hate going up against really poorly put together armies, it just feels awkward to stomp on them with my fun list and I prefer having a challenge, even in a casual game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast