BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Split the Demos, ditch plasma.
    Split the Demos. Why do you say I should ditch the plasma?

Chimeras should be turret multi-laser and hull flamer. Meltas > plasma.

GKTs > GKs.

Straken + GKs = fun.
    Im not really sure what you mean here. Can you clarify this for me please?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Split the Demos. Why do you say I should ditch the plasma?
    Demos should keep moving, sponsons force you to be static.

Im not really sure what you mean here. Can you clarify this for me please?
    Grey Knight Termies will do more damage than normal Grey Knights. If that isn't feasible, buffying the unit sizes would suffice.

Meltas are cheaper and more versatile than plasma guns.

Multi-laser turret has multiple high S shots to annoy light armor or stick wounds on units (2+ to wound most infantry) while the heavy flamer BBQs infantry. You'll rarely get to fire both, so building for versatility is handy.

Straken gives units furious charge. Grey Knights with S7 and I5 are hilarious.

4 plasma cannon small blast templates, 2 large blast templates, 2 incinerators, 6 plama guns, 6 melta guns, 1 multi-melta, 24 storm bolter rounds, 6 twin linked lascannons, and a minimum of 24 lasgun rounds per turn? Hoard!?! Whats hoard? : )
    If you think that's a lot, sorry, you're mistaken.

Does anyone know where I can find the rules to the inquisitorial Razorback??????

Demos should keep moving, sponsons force you to be static.
    I thought the "Lumbering Behemoth" rules (page 48 IG codex) stated that we could move and fire all weapons?

Grey Knight Termies will do more damage than normal Grey Knights. If that isn't feasible, buffying the unit sizes would suffice.
    Terminators, while AWESOME, dont fit into Vendettas : / I buffed the GK squads up a bit more though.

Meltas are cheaper and more versatile than plasma guns.
    True, but plasma gets to rapid fire. I think I might play around with these still. Not quite sure yet.

Straken gives units furious charge. Grey Knights with S7 and I5 are hilarious.
    Thats amazing. I will most certainly be trying that one out! Thanks for all the great advise!

If you think that's a lot, sorry, you're mistaken.
    Im pretty sure that IS a lot. Are we looking at the same army list here?? You do realize that demolishers are 10/2 and that each infantry squad gets a demo charge thats an 8/2 large blast template that shoots FROM INSIDE a chimera?

Next time, offer some insight on why you say the things you do. The worst thing you can do is to make a pointless post and then ask a question thats completely irrelevant.

Does anyone know where I can find the rules to the inquisitorial Razorback??????
    It does not exist in normal 40k scenarios. Perhaps it is in one of the "Imperial Armor" volumes from Forge World?
    Last edited by Polaris; 11-06-2009 at 10:27 PM.

I thought the "Lumbering Behemoth" rules (page 48 IG codex) stated that we could move and fire all weapons?
    No. It only allows you to fire the turret weapon in addition to any weapons you would normally be allowed to fire.

Im pretty sure that IS a lot. Are we looking at the same army list here?? You do realize that demolishers are 10/2 and that each infantry squad gets a demo charge thats an 8/2 large blast template that shoots FROM INSIDE a chimera?

Next time, offer some insight on why you say the things you do. The worst thing you can do is to make a pointless post and then ask a question thats completely irrelevant.
    Trust me, this is relevant. 2000pt Guard lists will sometimes have as many as 6 large templates coming from the heavy support alone. If you really thing 40 guys with a few demo charges will make a dent in a 2000pt ork army or a 2000pt Tyranid army then (this is from experience) you are wrong. Maybe Space Marines fear the demo charge (WHEN IT HITS, I might add) but ork boyz mobs do not.

I happen to play IG and, yes, I do know the profile of a demolisher cannon. Maybe someone who wants their list critiqued should be a little less defensive when someone else obliges.

If you ever think "I have enough firepower in this list" then you are not playing IG correctly.
    Last edited by SlavesToDarkness; 11-07-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Chapter-Master

Unfortunately, you'll have to be careful about how you use the Grey Knights. Grey Knights need to be able to assault after shooting, they're too fragile to leave out in the open.

Don't deploy the Grey Knights after moving the Valkyries unless you really, really have to. Instead, turbo-boost/deepstrike the Valkyrie into position, then next turn let the Grey Knights walk out, and assault.

Sometimes, this won't be ideal, as a Valkyrie full of Grey Knights makes for a big target. But as I said, Grey Knights NEED to be able to assault after shooting. If only you could take a LR or two...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Maybe someone who wants their list critiqued should be a little less defensive when someone else obliges.
    I wasn't trying to be defensive, my appolgies if thats how it was taken. I was hoping people would explain their critique a little more. Everything needs to be discussed/argued/picked apart. That how solid lists are built in my opinion.

It's not that I am trying to "power build" But I dont have the money to buy a ton of different units and see how they work. This here is kind of like my "play testing" if you will.

If you ever think "I have enough firepower in this list" then you are not playing IG correctly.
    How would you change the list up then to reflect this?

Sometimes, this won't be ideal, as a Valkyrie full of Grey Knights makes for a big target. But as I said, Grey Knights NEED to be able to assault after shooting. If only you could take a LR or two...
    True, the Valk will be a big target, but if it moves flat out it gets a nice cover save : )

Since the valk can deepstrike/outflank/scout I think I will be able to hit my target before anything really bad happens.

I wasn't trying to be defensive, my appolgies if thats how it was taken. I was hoping people would explain their critique a little more. Everything needs to be discussed/argued/picked apart. That how solid lists are built in my opinion.
    No problem. It would be better to do a few Grey Knights in skimmers, but then have large numbers of basic troops to back them up and take objectives.

Take double Medusas - that's good. But take double demolishers. Sub out vendettas for valkyries so you can use the rocket pods to crush orks.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SlavesToDarkness View Post
    No problem. It would be better to do a few Grey Knights in skimmers, but then have large numbers of basic troops to back them up and take objectives.

Take double Medusas - that's good. But take double demolishers. Sub out vendettas for valkyries so you can use the rocket pods to crush orks.
    Grey Knights with dual Incinerators do fine against orks. If this is a take-all comers list, I'd stick with Vendettas for the anti tank.

However, if you are willing to do mild changes between games with this list, then Valkyries are better against orks, so if you know you'll be facing them, take Valkyries.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

It would be better to do a few Grey Knights in skimmers, but then have large numbers of basic troops to back them up and take objectives.
    Agreed, thats why I added another troops choice.

Take double Medusas - that's good. But take double demolisher
    How would you suggest I do this? I think I am at a disadvantage if I put them in squads. Perhaps only 1 medusa?

Grey Knights with dual Incinerators do fine against orks. If this is a take-all comers list, I'd stick with Vendettas for the anti tank.
    I like the vendettas more also. I think the flamers will do fine for hoard. Perhaps I'll try to fit another tank in here some where. (as stated above)

However, if you are willing to do mild changes between games with this list, then Valkyries are better against orks, so if you know you'll be facing them, take Valkyries
    If Bill Gates were my father, I'd have no problem doing this haha. Buying Vendettas AND Valks is a little out of my price range right now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast