BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    If Bill Gates were my father, I'd have no problem doing this haha. Buying Vendettas AND Valks is a little out of my price range right now.
    QFT. My group is cool enough to let me use my Godhammer Land Raiders as Land Raider Crusaders when I want too, though, so it's worth asking your opponent before the game.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I made some significant changes to the list. I also added some "fluff" for fun. Please tell me what you think!

Chapter-Master

6 man Grey Knight squads are a little small. 8 with two Incinerators is where it's at, if you can fit that in and have the models. I would normally say get a second Incinerator in each squad, but with Stracken's boost you will probably be better off with the Nemesis Force weapons rather than extra Incinerators.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Stracken's boost you will probably be better off with the Nemesis Force weapons rather than extra Incinerat
    My thoughts exactly.

The reason I took out the incinerators is to prevent me from roasting units TOO much before I get into assault. If I kill everything there will be nothing for me to charge at. GK are safest in assault where they can't be targeted by any big guns my opponent might have.

I might drop Marbo and thrown in 2 more GK's. Not sure yet.

First off, great list. We think alike.

Now to my real question. Regular GKs at first glance won't benefit from Counter Attack Straken rule. We all know when they assault they get a bonus attack, but loose their true grit. Then if assaulted, or in the second round if you will, they just get true grit, so for simplicity, PAGKs always get 2 attacks. However, counter attack lets a GK getting assaulted, get the bonus attack. So true grit and assault bonus apply. Am I correct here? Evil, just plain fun evil. Obviously it works with GK terms.

Suggestions:
    Keep Marbo, talk about a fun model to play with. If you loose him, take a Callidus assassin.

Instead of incins, I would do nothing or Psycannons. Why Psycannons? You can destroy just about anything from the rear at 18" if you take two that is. Expensive but flexible in my experience. However, with all your meltas, you have anti-tank up the .. so I would do nothing to you GKs.

Maybe a regular Russ to replace one of the demos. Not many early threats in your list, and I think the range will help draw attention to it. Maybe easing pressure on the vendettas and demo?

First off, great list. We think alike.
    Thanks!

Now to my real question. Regular GKs at first glance won't benefit from Counter Attack Straken rule. We all know when they assault they get a bonus attack, but loose their true grit. Then if assaulted, or in the second round if you will, they just get true grit, so for simplicity, PAGKs always get 2 attacks. However, counter attack lets a GK getting assaulted, get the bonus attack. So true grit and assault bonus apply. Am I correct here? Evil, just plain fun evil. Obviously it works with GK terms.
    I think you are over complicating it haha. Grey Knights in power armor ALWAYS get true grit ( if they have a storm bolter/force weapon). Nothing can negate what the DH codex says. Straken gives the grey knight STR 7 and I 5 and counter assault all the time. If assaulting we get two attacks each. If being assaulted we take a leadership test, if PASSED we get 3 attacks. ( 2 for true grit, 1 from straken )

Hope that helps.

Keep Marbo, talk about a fun model to play with. If you loose him, take a Callidus assassin.
    I plan on keeping him, he just looks like to much fun to pass up. I could not take the callidus assassin in this list. I only get 1 elite choice from the DH side : (

Instead of incins, I would do nothing or Psycannons.
    While it is true that psycannons are awesome, I dont think they would help the list overall. Incinerators are very cheap, I can afford to put a few in my list. Psycannons, on the other hand, cost as much as a Grey Knight! My Gk squads need bodies to be effective, they die like normal space marines.

Furthermore, have you ever played with an incinerator? Those things are BRUTALLY effective.

Not many early threats in your list, and I think the range will help draw attention to it. Maybe easing pressure on the vendettas and demo?
    Well, the Vendettas can scout ahead before the game starts. This could get me into assault range as early as turn 1. Plus, they have lascannons.

The medusa has some decent range (3 feet), plus, a tournament sized board is 6 x 4. That gives it a huge ability to deny area to my opponent.

As GK player, my fast, skimmer knowledge is seriously lacking.

So, Vendettas can infiltrate on deployment, move 12, spin around if needed, disembark within 2, and assault 6. Is that correct? If it is, that is sick and wrong, I love it. Def need a Tarot on the Inquis to try and go first.

For that Callidus, can't you just make her a WH Elite? As I read it, it works.

So, Vendettas can infiltrate on deployment, move 12, spin around if needed, disembark within 2, and assault 6. Is that correct? If it is, that is sick and wrong, I love it. Def need a Tarot on the Inquis to try and go first.

If the vendetta moved, the GK can not assault after they deploy from the vendetta, they can only shoot.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by bonedale View Post
    As GK player, my fast, skimmer knowledge is seriously lacking.

For that Callidus, can't you just make her a WH Elite? As I read it, it works.
    Everything up unitl the assault was right... pretty crazy. For them to assault they will either have to deploy and shoot then wait or stay in the transport and wait.

Duke

Everything up unitl the assault was right... pretty crazy. For them to assault they will either have to deploy and shoot then wait or stay in the transport and wait.
    You have to be VERY careful not to disembark before you are ready to assault. In the turn it takes to gain the assault ability the enemy can easily run away and leave you in the open.

I think the best way to go about assaulting is create a vise of vendettas around the unit you wish to assault. This way the unit has no where to go and has to smash into a wall of grey knight.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast