BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Oh, I admit that it's pretty situational, but the day you are able to fire your same Russ squad several times during your opponent's first turn as his pods come down will live in infamy.

Possibly as the day you were taken around the back and worked over with a baseball bat.
    Two very, very true statements hahaha
    Check out my first painted DeamonHunters army!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=2936

I think the list is pretty refined. My only suggestion would be to change a Demo to a standard Russ. It will give you long range, maybe even park it in front of the medusa. Then the Demo can move forward and get into the fight. The Medusa can hang within 6" of the Inquisitor.

I found I lacked long range AP 3+ and it hurt me. Primarily devastator squads. People seem to dis the standard Russ, but I think it is a great compliment to the Vendettas.

Vendettas rock at anti-tank obviously. They are just plain cool and fit the elite Inquisitorial theme so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Please review this, don't be afraid to be mean. I want to you to exploit EVERY weakness you see in my list.
    I think we can do that without being mean, lol.

1. A LD8 Psychic Hood isn't worth 20pts. You really need an Inquisitor Lord if you want to take a Psychic Hood.

2. I wouldn't put Meltabombs on your Justicars. They shouldn't be chasing AV14 rear armor vehicles and against everything else their S6 weapons will be better.

3. I don't see the utility of the 3 Sniper Rifles. You'd be better off with a shooty Inquisitorial retinue (nd a heavy weapon squad for scoring)

4. You've got a ton of meltaguns, so you might be better off with Valkyries over Vendettas -- especially since the new Tyranid codex is right around the corner.
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

1. A LD8 Psychic Hood isn't worth 20pts. You really need an Inquisitor Lord if you want to take a Psychic Hood.
    I forgot to update my list reflecting a few changes I had made. I switched out the demolishers and medusa for 3 regular leman russ tanks. I also added 2 heriophants to my inquisitor to boost his LD.

My bad!

2. I wouldn't put Meltabombs on your Justicars. They shouldn't be chasing AV14 rear armor vehicles and against everything else their S6 weapons will be better.
    The melta bombs are more as a defense then an offense. I don't plan on hitting anything but infantry with these guys........But I'll sure use them to get rid of any pesky deadnoughts that come my way.

3. I don't see the utility of the 3 Sniper Rifles. You'd be better off with a shooty Inquisitorial retinue (nd a heavy weapon squad for scoring)
    If i had the points I would have both of these units. I needed an effective unit to hold objectives that can reach out and touch other units. I feel these guys do a good job of that. I might throw in Gunnery sergent harker to add some fire-power/cover saves.

4. You've got a ton of meltaguns, so you might be better off with Valkyries over Vendettas -- especially since the new Tyranid codex is right around the corner.
    I think 3 leman russ tanks can hold down the fort here.... I also might eat my words later haha. I'll be sure to play test this and see how it works. I dont want to gear out for one specific army to much.

Made some big changes.

New list

HQ

Yarrick

(attached to grey knight squad)

Elites

Marbo

Inquisitor w/ psychic hood
    x2 mystic
    x hierophant
    Multimelta servitor

Fast attack

x 2 Vendetta

Troops

Grey Knight Squad
    Justicar with frag grenades melta bombs and targeter
    Grey knight with incinerator
    Grey knights x 6

Grey Knight Squad
    Justicar with frag grenades melta bombs and targeter
    Grey knight with incinerator
    Grey knights x 6

Veteran Squad
    Melta x 3
    Chimera

Veteran Squad
    Melta x 3
    Chimera

Veteran Squad
    Melta x 3
    Chimera

Veteran squad
    Sergeant Harker
    Sniper veterans x 3
    Missile Launcher
    Chimera

Heavy
    Leman Russ /w lascannon
    Leman Russ /w lascannon
    Leman Russ /w lascannon

66 bodies
    4 chimeras
    3 leman russ tanks
    2 vendettas

I think this is a substantial improvement over my old list. I buffed up the GK squads and attached Yarrick to one of them. These units are going to be absolutely brutal.

I got rid of the demo charges on the Melta squads.

Added Harker to the vet squad that will camp on my home objective. He helps the squad IMMENSELY.

By taking out upgrades I didnt need and switch out some units, I believe I have an effective blend of elements.
    Last edited by Polaris; 11-18-2009 at 03:46 PM.

I believe that a Chimera has 5 fire points, so if you have the points, no reason not to get the 3rd melta for your vet squads.

Quote Originally Posted by tallyrand View Post
    I believe that a Chimera has 5 fire points, so if you have the points, no reason not to get the 3rd melta for your vet squads.
    Aye! Im used to looking over the DH codes haha. Adjusted the list to reflect the change.

First, it's painful to see Straken go. GKs are good, but don't last long. Furious Charge and Counter really help.

Check this, but it might be cheaper to have your Inquisitor a HQ lord. Then leadership 10 is free, and you can build the unit up to have psycannon, 2 heavy bolters and either plasma cannon or mm. Right now the unit has a purpose, but could be a lot more effective, but it's another 100pts or so. Worth dropping a russ for? Not sure. But they will be at least BS4. A nice touch for DH servitors. Drop them in cover and ouch.

Chapter-Master

Doubt it's worth it. The ld10 might be free, but the Lord is 20pts more than an elite inquisitor, so you're still paying more. Plus, and elite inquisitor can still take a retinue with guns in it. He can just give the current Inquisitor a psycannon and take two more gun servitors.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but melta bombs as a defensive tactic isn't so sound because as I was told at a tourny not to long ago, walkers require you to roll 6's to hit with melta bombs, regardless of weapon skill. And you only get one shot a turn with it.

Stupid rule locked my Terminators in close combat with an Ironclad for an entire game.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345