BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Army Builder - new Tau update.

I logged onto Army builder today to make a nice army up to cut down my Tau (with soon to be Eldar allies) mates army, and was informed there is a Tau update which I installed. It seems to have all the new units in it.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

First-Captain

It was updated on the 15th. I know it's awesome right. I actually was super happy when they did the daemon codex.

They also did all the FAQ updates like 5 bikes in the Dark Angel command squad.

However the drone controller is giving all drones the bearer's bs. Only certain drones get the BS change.

Librarian

I noticed when I made a unit of Chaos Terminators with the mark of Slaanesh, it had the option to replace the combi-bolter with a Sonic Blaster for free for the squad termi, but not the champion. Might have to forget to tell them about that mistake.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    I noticed when I made a unit of Chaos Terminators with the mark of Slaanesh, it had the option to replace the combi-bolter with a Sonic Blaster for free for the squad termi, but not the champion. Might have to forget to tell them about that mistake.
    That would be a great option both to make Termies more interesting and for a more thematic Slaanesh list.

The 1.19 release is a bit buggy on Broadsides. For some reason, it thinks the High Yield Missile Pod is a support system, so if you select it, you can't pick an add-on system and vice-versa. Supposedly it's fixed in 1.20, but that hasn't been released yet.
    My Armies: Tau (complete), Chaos Space Marines (complete), Black Templars (2012/2013 project)
    My Blog: NockerGeek.net | Our Podcast: Preferred Enemies - http://www.preferredenemies.com

Librarian

The chosen also have access to Sonic Blasters. You do not even have to take a chaos mark or mark of Slaanesh to get them. While mucking about with the 1.19 update, I gave a squad of chosen with the mark of Khorne 4 sonic blasters (which cost to upgrade), and a lascannon and an Icon of Vengeance for the squad champion.

Havocs, raptors, and standard CSM squads do not have the option, however Chaos Bikers can replace their twin linked bolters for a sonic blaster for free.

The 1.20 upgrade will probably fix it. It makes me think a special release from GW for designing Legion specific Armies based on the Warlord's Chaos Mark/and or equipment upgrades would be a good thing for them to release, and make the "Chaos Forever" gamers like myself from having a renewed interest in the hobby.

Imagine making an Emperor's Children Army, or a Night Lords Army. There could be specific section for legion specific rules, and new FOC for some like Night Lords having more fast attack - less heavy support, while Iron Warriors having less fast attack and more heavy support.

Death Guard giving their all their units the FNP and MoN rules, World Eaters all units get the MoK and Hatred (everything) rules, Emperor's Children get sonic Blasters to replace flamers, melta guns and autocannons, and the MoS, so on. Black Legion would be the equivalent of Ultra Smurf for the CSM forces.

They could also bring out a few Named characters for the Legion Warbands/ Companies. I would definately buy an official release that offered all this. Maybe even a Monstrous creature to equal the Bloodthirster, Dreadknight, Riptide, or Wraithknight in toughness, wounds and number of ranged and close combat weapons.

A flier/fast hover vehicle that had a transport capacity would be good as well. Something like the FW Dreadclaw or (rumoured to be released soon) Kharybdis Assault Claw - psuedo Dreadclaw assault pod.

[url]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/960107_485680801505856_1177682720_n.jpg[/url]

My Nightlords Battle company and Emperor's Children Battle companies would be reborn with new rules like these. Add in Dirge Casters, to make enemy overwatch useless, and I could enjoy playing games with an army based on a dreadclaw assault force supported by a heavy weapons support force in the my deployment zone.