BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default If u have 2 special characters, can u use both warlord traits?

For instance i want to have abbadon and huron. I would be able to bring chosen in as troops then use huron to infiltrate them.
    I realize that only your warlord can roll for traits (as per rules only if they dont already have a listed trait in their codex), but it says nothing about multible special characters in one foc.

thanks in advance.

Chapter-Master

You read the rule that you only have one warlord, and you still think that you can have multiple warlords?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

As the FAQ clarifies, special characters only receive their warlord trait, even if fixed, if they are nominated as your army's warlord. Since you can only nominate one character as warlord, you only ever receive one warlord trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    As the FAQ clarifies, special characters only receive their warlord trait, even if fixed, if they are nominated as your army's warlord. Since you can only nominate one character as warlord, you only ever receive one warlord trait.
    awesome, thanks for the response

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrBo View Post
    For instance i want to have abbadon and huron. I would be able to bring chosen in as troops then use huron to infiltrate them.
    I realize that only your warlord can roll for traits (as per rules only if they dont already have a listed trait in their codex), but it says nothing about multible special characters in one foc.

thanks in advance.
    Also, be aware that Abaddon has to be your Warlord if you take him.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Brother-Sergeant

You can only have one warlord. It is the HQ choice with the highest leadership. According to page 111 of the rulebook if you have two HQ units with the same Leadership you can choose one to be your warlord. In the case you are describing Huron and Abbadon both have a leadership of 10 so you can choose which one would be your warlord. Normally. It says on page 57 of the Chaos codex that if Abbadon is included in your army he MUST be the warlord. The ability to take Chosen as troops is not a warlord trait. The one you want is master of deception which is for Huron. Sorry to say, this cannot happen. You could do it with any other HQ choice other than Abbadon.

Also both the HQ units you selected have locked warlord traits so there wouldn't be any rolling.
    Last edited by droozy; 05-28-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: correction