BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mfw.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Hyper-sensitive nerds.
    No Eldargal it was exasperation.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Born of hyper-sensitivity. It was one bloody correction. By all mean complain about the mess that was the Dark Angel book, but getting cranky over one wargear entry being corrected is just stupid.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

It's hardly even that, it is a correction to the reference section. Obviously every where else in the book the entry if fine.

Librarian

I'll take pre-emptive FAQs over the "wait a year and we'll think about it" approach of yore, no question.

Also, this is why I only buy digital Codexes anymore. That error won't even be there when my copy downloads, and I'll get automatic updates...you know, during the next five or six rounds of revision.

Why... why are the other three pages blank?

*headscratch*

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    It's hardly even that, it is a correction to the reference section. Obviously every where else in the book the entry if fine.
    I'd say the reference section is the one place that should be absolutely correct. Wasn't for Tau, either. If you're going to put all the important info in one easily-found place, it should be the right info!

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I'd say the reference section is the one place that should be absolutely correct. Wasn't for Tau, either. If you're going to put all the important info in one easily-found place, it should be the right info!
    Probably why they put out a correction so quickly don't you think?

That's the odd thing with mistakes, you don't get to choose where they turn up.

Chapter-Master

Why... why are the other three pages blank?
    You have to have won one of GW's secret mystery decoder rings they add to random sprues to read the other pages.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    That's the odd thing with mistakes, you don't get to choose where they turn up.
    You do get to choose where you concentrate your proof-reading efforts, though.

I do a weird form of data entry for a living, and I know to double-check everything but quadruple-check the important bits.

You do get to choose where you concentrate your proof-reading efforts, though.

I do a weird form of data entry for a living, and I know to double-check everything but quadruple-check the important bits.
    Which bits of a Codex the important bits? All of it I would say. It's a big job, mistakes happen, deal and move on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast