BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: "D# attacks"

Chaplain

Default "D# attacks"

So I've noticed in a few codexs that they mention a certain unit will have D3-6 attacks.

What I want to know is when is this rolled for? At the beginning of the game? Right before assaulting? Or is it rolled for in every turn?
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

This is rolled each time the model is going to use the stat. This is typically stated in the unit's rules.

Chaplain

Ah, so it's rolled for multiple times in a game. I expected it to be rolled for only once.

So, to verify, let's say a Penitent Engine is in close combat with a squad of Guardsmen. Penitent Engines get D6 attacks. Is it rolled for every close combat phase, or just during its initial assault and that value is held over for the remainder of the combat?
    Last edited by Mike X; 11-06-2009 at 11:39 PM.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    Ah, so it's rolled for multiple times in a game. I expected it to be rolled for only once.

So, to verify, let's say a Penitent Engine is in close combat with a squad of Guardsmen. Penitent Engines get D6 attacks. Is it rolled for every close combat phase, or just during its initial assault and that value is held over for the remainder of the combat?
    Each phase. The attack is stated, the roll is made, the number that comes up is the number of attacks you get. It doesn't persist past that point.

Yep, this is a standard game convention throughout all GW rules systems.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!