BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Baron - House Descanso

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I look at awesome models and think damn i want an army/warband/gang as good as that.

I also look back at the stuff that got me into the hobby , thats why i keep old white dwarf's
    I do the same ,but most of the timer i have motivation but no time..or i have time but no motivation...Damn!!

Brother-Sergeant

My motivation is that I really want to get better at painting, since I'm not the best at it right now. So I just have to keep doing it. Like they say, practice makes perfect.

Scout

Playing a game gives me the boost to keep painting, especially when that unpainted unit or model helps me win the game!

Veteran-Sergeant

Power Metal is a very good way to get motivated. No really, Primal Fear makes you want to make your space men look awsome, so your pew pew noises are justified

Brother-Sergeant

I always check out other people's minis to get motivated when I'm in a slump. Though, sometimes it is good to take a break and do something else once in a while.

Veteran-Sergeant

From the sounds of it your a procrastinator

Either that or you may be overwhelmed by something... perhaps a messy hobby room, the thought of so many unpainted minis.

Whatever it is this hobby is no different to a normal day to day work life

If your work area is messy and your work is all over the place, we tend to procrastinate and waste time.
    If we have too much work we sit back not knowing where to start and again motivation levels go down. This may not seem obvious but its true.

I think the best bit of advice would be to have small goals and tackle them one at a time.

For example, saying i want to paint x army is not a small goal. Thats a massive goal

So why dont you put away all of your unpainted minis in boxes and just have the ones out you intend to paint, ie. a squad. Painting them and painting slowly and painting them well will inspire you to finish off the rest of your army

Librarian

Depends. Some days I just feel like doing some painting. Or if nothing good is on TV. Just yesterday I painted my Leman Russ Demolisher. Now I have around 20-30 Guardsmen.

And to the original poster who is in Iraq, good luck man. Thanks for keeping up the fight. Hope to be in the Navy soon.

Veteran-Sergeant

Also dont leave your whole army out it just looks like alot and can cause you to hold it off more , instead just leave out whats already painted and add to it , take out 10 figures or one large fig at a time and work on that til its done , add that to the painted stuff and continue like that til there is no more unpainted stuff to pull out of your case .

For me, motivation is as inspiration; you don't search it, it comes to you.
    when i see or hear or something that give me an idea, then i begin to paint.
    perhaps i had been two month without paint and then, i pass a week painting in my room...

Battle-Brother

I agree with Magos about Power metal to inspire you!! Have been listening to Manowar, Dragonforce and much more to blitz through models. Slayer's the best though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast