BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek

Chapter-Master

You've got issues...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

What about mirror Kira?

I had never considered that they are infact the same character.
    Both worked for a "rebel" millitant group.
    Both are forced to comply to "the rules" by Star Fleet.
    Both have difficulties trusting their star fleet counter parts.
    Both are (or at least for a limited time) concerned with the spiritual side of their respective race
    Both have prosteics
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I'm not sure were I stand on mitrror Kira.

I'm also not sure how a Xenophobic Terrancentric empire lets a Bajoran in a position of power...

Occuli Imperator

While not strictyl Star Trek.

Redshirts seems amusing in a red-dwarf style. [url]http://www.redshirtgame.com/[/url]

"Redshirt is the comedy sci-fi sim about social networking aboard a space station, starring the station's most ambitious low-ranking peon: you! Navigate the professional and interpersonal politics of the ubiquitous "Spacebook" to curry favor among friends and colleagues. As intense intergalactic conflict rages around you, it's up to you to accrue those all-important "likes" on your status updates! Whether you're looking for love, opportunities for promotion, or even a chance to play Zero-G golf with the captain, you can schmooze your way through social circles and claw your way up the career ladder. Perhaps you too can finally achieve the dream of an off-station transfer, or even the Redshirt's opportunity of a lifetime: being sent on an away-mission! "
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

hmm..

After considering all the female roles in star trek, I came to these conclusions...

Janeway was too authoritarian, trying to fit in as a jarhead

Seven of Nine came off as too dry and boring

Torres was too aggressive, even for a Klingon.

Ro was just not that interesting.

Dax was too blase'

Crusher and Tori were the ones I thought actually were intelligent and compassionate. And definitely not afraid to put people in their places.

Occuli Imperator

I see where you are coming from.

Janeway had to be authoritarian. The marquis that made up half her crew were based on rule of the strongest, as evident when they were infiltrated both in TNG and DS9. So if she didn't maintain an iron grip she would have had all kinds of discipline problems. Also, I think it gives the crew a "common enemy", being trapped decades from home, moral is going to suffer and it would be better if all the anger was directed at one person, rather than several different people and it splitting into factions.

7 of 9, yeah she did, but for the first couple of seasons she didn't have a personality and it was this utiliterain method of doing things which drove some of
    her character development. Once she started eating and engaging in ehr emotional side I think she became more rounded.

Torres was a serious alpha female wasn't she. If she were an astartes she'd be an angry marine. I think part of her issues were her not really kknowing who she was, as evidenced with her dabbling in Klingon culture. Blood Pie anyone?

Ro, Ro had the potential to be a great character, but she just didn't quite work in the TNG dynamic. Her headstrong attitude wouldn't have fit well with her ability to get into starfleet, and certainly the psych evaluations would prevent her from getting into command. But, she did so for me it kinda rang untrue.

Jadzia was very blasé, though again with the symbiant being centuries old there is definetely a been there done that attitude. I very much enjoyed her character, especially on the run up to her and worf's wedding.
    Ezri was a different kettle of fish altogether. She was a bit of a woosh of fresh air in a time when the story seemed abit bogged down in the dominion war.

Crusher was a female bones, headstrong and not very respectful of "the chair". Though I think my favourite episdoe was where she and picard were joined.
    Troi had the issue of the way she was written and when. Seriously a counsellor as bridge staff? On the more "actiony" episiodes here interaction was looking worried and saying "I feel a distrubance in the force". Once she had trousers though this seemed to improve. Though I am glad that she only had the one episode of being in command, that wasn't where her strenghts lay.

Occuli Imperator

Started to watch Voyager again. It struck me that they had the chance to get rid of the JarJar Binks of Voyager (Neelix) early on and failed to do so. This was a terrible missed opportunity.

He irrates me so.

Chapter-Master

I have only ever really seen the original series, had a discussion with someone the other day trying to remember what Neelix' name was, 'the irritating one' apparently didn't narrow it down so I had to go trawling through the character database on a wiki so I could go 'him! he was a dick'
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I found Kes even more irritating than Neelix, at least they got rid of one of them...

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast