BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek

Chapter-Master

Apparently a [URL="http://tallymarx.tumblr.com/post/91814097647/allthatandasideoftom-zorped"]quote by Scotty[/URL]

I got a fan letter from a young lady. It was a suicide note.

So I called her, and I said, “Hey, this is Jimmy Doohan. Scotty, from Star Trek.” I said, “I’m doing a convention in Indianapolis. I wanna see you there.”

I saw her — boy, I’m telling you, I couldn’t believe what I saw. It was definitely suicide. Somebody had to help her, somehow. And obviously she wasn’t going to the right people.

I said to her, “I’m doing a convention two weeks from now in St. Louis.” And two weeks from then, in somewhere else, you know? She also came to New York - she was able to afford to got to these places. That went on for two or three years, maybe eighteen times. And all I did was talk positive things to her.

And then all of the sudden — nothing. I didn’t hear anything. I had no idea what had happened to her because I never really saved her address.

Eight years later, I get a letter saying, “I do want to thank you so much for what you did for me, because I just got my Master’s degree in electronic engineering.”

That’s…to me, the best thing I’ve ever done in my life.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

I learned earlier that James Doohan served on the D-Day landings and ended up being shot by a fellow canadian by a Bren machine gun, 6 rounds, the one severing his right middle finger. Apparently, he went to effort to hide this on tv
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

He took a six round burst and lived?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Yes

- - - Updated - - -

4 in the leg, 1 in the chest and one through his finger
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

That's amazing. Scotty was a tough old *******. And a good soul, too.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Occuli Imperator

My last interestin Scotty fact is that his ashes are in orbit of the earth currently (or at least some of them are)

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    My last interestin Scotty fact is that his ashes are in orbit of the earth currently (or at least some of them are)
    Holy cow! Even after he was dead, he didn't stop being awesome!
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Occuli Imperator

Here endeth the lesson

Brother-Captain

Once you know it's gone you start looking for it. It's kind of like hidden Mickeys in Disney works. I will say it's pretty impressive Paramount never tried to incorporate it into Scotty's backstory. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture-4-181x300.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	9959

Possibly at his request.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast