BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Have to go on Springer/The Jeremy Kyle Show to find him
    Hehe derp! I typo'd!

Brother-Captain

Now I want to see Eldrad on Maury "it's all paternity tests now" Povich. Over ten millennia under his belt, you know there's some child support due out there.

Nothing anyone has ever done in any campaign, world wide or not, really matters to GW. They are going to do what they do regardless of promises.

I've been in the hobby since the spring after it finished and can't really comment but look at fantasy.... half the heros in that have died and have been dead for 100s of years

I knew the whole campaign was garbage when I single handled won the event at my local store on the first turn. The look on those GW guys was priceles. They had to run to the truck for reinforcements and were all like "o orbital strike from fleet". I called them lame and continued to own. From what I was told it was the last week of playing and the chaos victory at the store pretty much ensured chaos campaign victory.

You are welcome.

think this is relevant actually - I started reading the Ciaphas Cain books a little while ago, and throughout it there are references to it being M42 - the first sentence is an extract from a book published in 140.M42 as i recall it, and the annotations state there was another Black Crusade not long after...

That was all a divergent timeline thread he was viewing, one of the possible futures he was able to trace with the threads of time. It was a Dallas moment, no one shot J.R. .....

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Mel Ehala View Post
    think this is relevant actually - I started reading the Ciaphas Cain books a little while ago, and throughout it there are references to it being M42 - the first sentence is an extract from a book published in 140.M42 as i recall it, and the annotations state there was another Black Crusade not long after...
    People have noticed this before. As Black Library isn't "official" canon, and this example is especially out of place, (it is the only thing ever dated after M41) this is mostly ignored. Or at least, not considered definitive proof of anything.

Before anyone complains about my 'official canon' comments, I like BL, I've read a bunch of Ciaphas Cain stories, (and really enjoyed them) but there isn't necessarily the oversight/error-checking to ensure complete compatibility with canon.

Chapter-Master

Everyone whinging that they've retconned the fluff

Imagine GW ran a new campaign this summer. Space Marines win. Your reward is Marneus Calgar is permanantly removed from the fluff and is no longer a character in the next marine codex.

Would you be whinging that they "retconned" him back into existance?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast