BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 816 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 316716766806814815816817818826866916 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,160 of 10008
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Looking into the character profile of Ms Kotobuki, I find it funny that the writer had to put 'sweet and gentle' in at least every paragraph. :P

One to put on my lengthy to-watch list?
    Because she is!

I mean lookkit that cutie! ლ(◕ω◕ლ)

Any you should watch it! But to be slightly on topic it's an awesome show with all girls being friends, having adventures and dealing with problems amongst themselves (also lesbian subtext so thick you could cut it with a knife but that's not the point) so it's really good in that it's not a show "for girls" but it's all about girls and has zero fanservice thrown in there. I think there's only one male recurring character in the entire series and by recurring I mean he has like four lines in two separate episodes.
    So not only is it Bechedel Test heaven it's a story about girls being themselves and absolutely not revolving around them to find boyfriends or being secondary to men or anything in any way, which is really refreshing.

Also the music is awesome:

--

EG- it's also ridiculous that even though it's Not All Men™ that the fact that men inflict so much violence on women is a women's issue and not a male issue somehow shows how far divorced people are from acknowledging the realities of the situation :/

K-On is great. I need to buy the DVDs...

Yup, and by making violence against women a 'womens issue' (like the reaction to Dragon Age posting about ending sexual assault, it's a 'SJW agenda') the onus is put on women to fix it instead of men, who are the ones who are causing the problem.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    K-On is great. I need to buy the DVDs...[/img]

Yes you do!

[img]Yup, and by making violence against women a 'womens issue' (like the reaction to Dragon Age posting about ending sexual assault, it's a 'SJW agenda') the onus is put on women to fix it instead of men, who are the ones who are causing the problem.
    But it's not alll mennnnn!!!! >_>

Nope, just toxic concepts of masculinity that are left ignored by mainstream society.

I mean in the US your chance of being killed by an Islamic terrorist is [URL="http://reason.com/archives/2011/09/06/how-scared-of-terrorism-should"]1 in 20,000,000[/URL] and few people have a problem profiling Muslims or talking about Islamic extremism as a problem. But your chance of being sexually assaulted as a woman is 1 in 5, your chance of being the victim of domestic assault is 1 in 4, half of murdered women are murdered by a male intimate, and a majority of the rest murdered by a man BUT GOD FORBID YOU TALK ABOUT MEN AS A GROUP WHO PERPETRATE THIS VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN (and each other).

- - - Updated - - -

Related
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    But it's not alll mennnnn!!!! >_>
    #certainlynotniceguysinfedoraswhoarelovelyandnotat allcreepyandcondescending
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

And that if you are a (white) man and you murder dozens of people it's tragic, you were "mentally ill" (ugh), and nobody could see it coming as a long history of violent and threatening actions against women is not seen as a real problem. Which people should keep in mind when it's discussed about signs of violent behaviour a history of abusing animals is seen as a warning sign, but spouting violent, explicit threats against women or even a history of abusing women is seen as nothing that could indicate a possible escalation of violence.

Also we say it’s our daughters, wives & sisters who are getting raped, we never say it’s our sons, fathers, brothers who are doing the raping.

And from Finn Mackay: "They [men] can stop rape by not raping, and bring the sex industry to its knees by not paying for sex. Oppression doesn't just happen to women like bad weather. Men as a group systematically oppress and exploit women, and feminism is the political movement to challenge and change that."

And:

"Some men feel that too much responsibility for preventing sexual assault has been put on their shoulders"
    [URL="http://www.salon.com/2014/08/21/college_dudes_worried_that_movement_to_take_rape_s eriously_is_ruining_their_sex_lives/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow"]Not from The Onion[/URL]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    #certainlynotniceguysinfedoraswhoarelovelyandnotat allcreepyandcondescending
    Also to go off of this one thing that really annoys me is the "Real Men Don't Abuse Women/Rape/Catcall etc" as it is a cop-out. What I mean is that, yes, actual real men do do all those things and as has been said before the reason for saying "men" instead of "some men" is to not exclude anyone from having to self-analyse.
    I mean if you're at poll walking along and a bunch of people are running past and the lifeguard points at you all and says "could everyone stop running" you don't protest your innocence, you realise that while you were in the group indicated you weren't doing the bad thing so just take it as a reminder not to do the thing. It's the same when someone says "white people" - I even say it and I'm a white people - as it makes me continually make sure I'm not doing something ingrained into my by society that I've almost had to un-learn.

I'm going to explain high functioning autism (my type which is worse then aspergus but not as bad as full blown) with a similar set out to eldargals
    Imagine being the only human in a world full of strange alien creatures that communicat more through some kind of non vocal method you can't understand like thoughts going from ones brain to the others, now you can understand the vocal parts of the communication fine, but as most of the communication is non vocal (and seemingly happens in the un conscious mind) you will never be able to understand their intentions or motives they will try to teach you how their non vocal communication works but you will always fail except with very simplistic versions like this these creatures will seem to behaive erratically and with no obvious patern governing their actions, now add to this having a massive part of your mind (the emotional part) that you simply cannot understand, the only way you can learn what you are experiencing is to describe the feelings to someone and have them tell you what it means, then make that part of your mind heightnd compared to everyone around you so when it's stimulated you have incredibly intense, uncontrollable, mind wrenching results that leave you feeling completely out of control it would be a bit of a exilirating, but at the same time completely terrifying to the point you try to avoid experiencing it as much as possible
    So you wouldn't be able to understand the actions of anyone around you and would not be able to control a whole part of your mind
    And that tends to lead to us becoming rather reclusive, not exactly trusting, and very needy to the few people that give us patience and explain the things we don't understand to the point they become a safety blanket we have difficulty being without
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax ion pusscabe View Post
    I'm going to explain high functioning autism (my type which is worse then aspergus but not as bad as full blown) with a similar set out to eldargals
    Imagine being the only human in a world full of strange alien creatures that communicat more through some kind of non vocal method you can't understand like thoughts going from ones brain to the others, now you can understand the vocal parts of the communication fine, but as most of the communication is non vocal (and seemingly happens in the un conscious mind) you will never be able to understand their intentions or motives they will try to teach you how their non vocal communication works but you will always fail except with very simplistic versions like this these creatures will seem to behaive erratically and with no obvious patern governing their actions, now add to this having a massive part of your mind (the emotional part) that you simply cannot understand, the only way you can learn what you are experiencing is to describe the feelings to someone and have them tell you what it means, then make that part of your mind heightnd compared to everyone around you so when it's stimulated you have incredibly intense, uncontrollable, mind wrenching results that leave you feeling completely out of control it would be a bit of a exilirating, but at the same time completely terrifying to the point you try to avoid experiencing it as much as possible
    So you wouldn't be able to understand the actions of anyone around you and would not be able to control a whole part of your mind
    And that tends to lead to us becoming rather reclusive, not exactly trusting, and very needy to the few people that give us patience and explain the things we don't understand to the point they become a safety blanket we have difficulty being without
    Glad you could make feminism all about you.

Well there's no movement for people with autism, so where else would I post it, and there's no thread about autism at least in the first ten pages, and what it's not bad that I've been called a ret@rd almost everyday of my life, had multiple teachers try to get me and the other special ed students in there class homeschooled or even sent to special school, been bullied to the point I had to be forced to even leave the house WITH my parents with me, and been so depressed I went through a two year period I couldn't be left alone because I may have done something as a result of bullying
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Banned

Path Walker, chill, he was inspired by something here to try and help us understand others which is something we should do - intersectionality is important after all.