BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 316 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416816 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 10008

It's a deeply poisonous notion, that women are Other who can be manipulated into sex by a mastering a few secret formulas. Whoever came up with this one is a prize moron though. The only bit they got right was the bit about being stunned.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It's a deeply poisonous notion, that women are Other who can be manipulated into sex by a mastering a few secret formulas. Whoever came up with this one is a prize moron though. The only bit they got right was the bit about being stunned.
    Exactly!

Whenever I see one of those things it just reminds me of this.
    Every saint has a past, every sinner, a future.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The woman won't be the only stunned one. Any fool who tries this will be equally stunned when his wife/girlfriend lays into him for being a sexist idiot.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Don't worry ladies. Just [url=http://jezebel.com/5900928/your-vagina-isnt-just-too-big-too-floppy-and-too-hairyits-also-too-brown]go and bleach your minge[/url].

What could possibly go wrong!!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Don't worry ladies. Just [url=http://jezebel.com/5900928/your-vagina-isnt-just-too-big-too-floppy-and-too-hairyits-also-too-brown]go and bleach your minge[/url].

Wow. That is... staggeringly disgusting. I've seen a vagina or two in my time. As far as I know, none of them were bleached, and they all looked fine to me. This whole thing with Lighter Skin = More Attractive is totally racist.

Chapter-Master

Actually, I doubt that in particular has much to do with race. I know of too many nonracial examples of the asthetic appeal of different skin tones scattered across too many different cultures to buy that. It's more comparable to, say, whether we consider skinny or curvy to be more attractive. In some places, pale skin is considered attractive, in others a nice tan is preferred. I mean, I'm sure there's someone out there who doesn't pike tans because it makes them look like latino or black or something, but I don't see that being overly widespread.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Even if it's not explicitly racist, it's putting forth the ideas that:

1) Dark skin in unattractive; and

2) There is yet another area of the female body that is not good enough in its natural state and must be altered to please men.

Both those ideas are complete and utter hogwash.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

Is anyone really that shallow? And seriously are you going to get to the point in the bedroom where the pants come off and go, nope not pink enough think i wont bother.
    Sure some are prettier than others but even thats personal taste and not everyone will agree which is which....

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Is anyone really that shallow?
    Yes. I can guarantee that there is some jerk-wad somewhere who is saying to his lady friend right now, "Baby, I love you, but I just wish your labia were a little more... white."

Part of the marketing here - both the commercial marketing and the not-for-profit socialization "marketing" - is the assumption that the man's sexual options are way more open than the woman's. The fear being played upon isn't, "Bleach or he won't have sex with you." It's "Bleach or he'll have sex with somebody else," possibly with a side of "but you'll still be trapped in a relationship with him." And yeah, in some societies and/or segments of societies, the sexual power imbalance still looks exactly like that.