BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 781 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 281681731771779780781782783791831881 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,810 of 10008

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I'm banned from discussing Madeleine McCann, on account people tend to take offence that it's highly likely the parents were involved....
    I can't remember who it was who said it, a standup comedian on TV talking about how David Cameron accidentally left his daughter in a restaurant and had to rush back with the missus to grab her. Basically, to paraphrase what they said of Madeline, you saw the news and you thought it was tragic, that's horrible, but then you saw how they left her alone in a room while they had lunch across the street, and you thought, 'I would never have done that,' and your sympathy slips.

Is it right that your sympathy slips? About as right as it is to leave your daughter alone in an unfamiliar environment while you lunch with friends. It's a logical misstep that every parent I know and many who aren't yet parents would never make.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

I got left in a buggy once. I was being tried in it for size.

Chapter-Master

recently or...?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I can't remember who it was who said it, a standup comedian on TV talking about how David Cameron accidentally left his daughter in a restaurant and had to rush back with the missus to grab her. Basically, to paraphrase what they said of Madeline, you saw the news and you thought it was tragic, that's horrible, but then you saw how they left her alone in a room while they had lunch across the street, and you thought, 'I would never have done that,' and your sympathy slips.

Is it right that your sympathy slips? About as right as it is to leave your daughter alone in an unfamiliar environment while you lunch with friends. It's a logical misstep that every parent I know and many who aren't yet parents would never make.
    Still banned from discussing self imposed as it is!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    recently or...?
    Ha!

No, I was a wee babby. I've only heard the story related to me by my mother years later, not having been old enough to form memories at the time. Parents hadn't rightly got used to making sure they had me everywhere yet. So I was being tried in various prams in Mothercare and they somehow got all the way out of the door before remembering about me.

Chapter-Master

I used to play hockey for many years. one day after a mixed gender match, I was in the changing rooms getting changed, having said good bye to all the team already as most players just go straight home so I was about the only person left. I come out of the changing room, hear a baby in the men's room. go in for a look, and as I do, one of the guys comes running in to the room, having left fifteen minutes previous. he had gotten half way home before realising he had left the baby in the car seat in the changing rooms and coming back.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Iron Father

I've had something similar happen to me at Paignton zoo. Stood watching the bird lake by the train track with my kids. Looked around and I'd suddenly gained a pushchair with a sleeping baby in it. Whole family had wandered off forgetting the pushchair. I waiting a few minutes before a very panicky Dad came hurtling down the path. Kid slept though it all. No harm done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I'm banned from discussing Madeleine McCann, on account people tend to take offence that it's highly likely the parents were involved....
    Involved or not, still guilty of serious misjudgement. I get accused of being over protective of my kids on occasion. I'd rather that than the alternative.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Yep i was abandoned outside the newsagents once when my dad had gone for the paper, parked me up, got paper wondered off reading paper.
    Was still there when he realised
    Also let my then two year old brother play on the front, who then promptly wandered off the mile to nursery to look for me.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I actually think leaving a young child in a hotel room isn't as terrible a mistake as most people think, unwise in hindsight but how many parents do similar things all the time and get away with it? People are really quick to be judgemental when something goes wrong.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I actually think leaving a young child in a hotel room isn't as terrible a mistake as most people think, unwise in hindsight but how many parents do similar things all the time and get away with it? People are really quick to be judgemental when something goes wrong.
    Mainly due to that instant of realisation, when you're in the car and you suddenly realise. Then all the horrific scenarios that stream through your mind until you get back and find them. If a parent's experienced that once, they normally try not to do it again.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.