BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 753 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 253653703743751752753754755763803853 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 10008
    First-Captain

This is why there are no photos of my kids online.

Though it's easy to say "well you shouldn't have had them on the cloud" the blame lies with the data thieves.
    Da CRIB: Chicago Region Infinity Blog
    http://chicagolandregioninfinityplayersblog.blogspot.com/?m=1

Chapter-Master

game developers sign letter taking a stand against misogyny

[url]http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29028236[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    game developers sign letter taking a stand against misogyny

[url]http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29028236[/url]
    Sad that this is still an issue in the 'modern' world.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

while the threats and abuse isn't warranted, having now watched the video of hers featuring hitman its clear shes talking out of her arse. I mean come on, who actually plays hitman like that?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    while the threats and abuse isn't warranted, having now watched the video of hers featuring hitman its clear shes talking out of her arse. I mean come on, who actually plays hitman like that?
    Adolescent turds?
    Da CRIB: Chicago Region Infinity Blog
    http://chicagolandregioninfinityplayersblog.blogspot.com/?m=1

Brother-Captain

[url]http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/09/female-viking-warriors-proof-swords[/url]

The article isn't quite accurate, it says that half of all viking warriors were women when the original paper says that they can't be sure of the proportion, but they suspect between half to a third were. That said that is still a third of all viking warriors were women and yet modern archaeologists assumed they had to be all man because sword and shield = male.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Banned

R&B singer CeeLo Green posted a series of controversial tweets about rape over the weekend, then deleted his account after receiving criticism for his comments. According to Billboard, Green’s tweets were related to a court case in which he pleaded no contest to a felony count of Ecstasy possession after he gave a woman the drug without her knowledge on a 2012 date.

In July 2012, Green reportedly slipped his date Ecstasy during their dinner at a sushi restaurant in Los Angeles. The woman woke up in bed with him the next day and had no memory of the night before. Green claimed that the sex had been consensual, and prosecutors didn’t press rape charges. The Gnarls Barkley singer was sentenced to three years’ probation and 45 days of community service on Friday.

Green took to Twitter to defend himself on Monday. “If someone is passed out they’re not even WITH you consciously, so WITH Implies consent,” he wrote in a first tweet. “People who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!” he tweeted in a second comment.

Shortly after, Green deleted the tweets and apologized via Twitter: “Let me 1st praise god for exoneration fairness & freedom! Secondly I sincerely apologize for my comments being taken so far out of context.” Then he added: “I only intended on a healthy exchange to help heal those who love me from the pain I had already caused from this. Please forgive me as it was your support that got me thru this to begin with. I’d never condone the harm of any women. Thank you.”

Green’s account has since been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Plenty of people. There were a bunch of videos on youtube at one point, probably still there, which just featured people attacking female NPCs and whatnot. I'm a big fan of the Hitman series but it is extraordinarily sexist far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    [url]http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/09/female-viking-warriors-proof-swords[/url]

The article isn't quite accurate, it says that half of all viking warriors were women when the original paper says that they can't be sure of the proportion, but they suspect between half to a third were. That said that is still a third of all viking warriors were women and yet modern archaeologists assumed they had to be all man because sword and shield = male.
    This is a big problem with archaeologists. We are supposed to use archaeology to cast more light on history by finding the stuff that historians didn't talk about (like women) and verifying what they did talk about. But too often archaeologists fail to examine their own biases in how they interpret what they find. You only have to see the recent spate of skeletons which were assumed to be be male actually being female from the Etrsucan 'noble prince' tomb to Scythian burials and now these viking shieldmaidens. It was assumed they were male because we are told only men did certain things in history because that i what male historians told us and instead of undermining that the way we should archaeologists just kept on perpetuating these myths.

I’m not a misandrist, but a few quick questions:

If men can’t even make their own sandwiches, why are they allowed to make bills in congress?

If men can’t control their own sexual urges, why are they allowed to control nations?

If a woman’s legs/shoulders are enough to distract a man, how can we trust them to stay focused on things like open heart surgery or judging a murder trial?

Again not a misandrist, some of my best friends are guys and i’m even dating one.
    [URL="http://comic-chick.tumblr.com/post/96515926411/imnotamisandristbut-im-not-a-misandrist-but-a"]Source[/URL]

[URL="http://girldwarf.tumblr.com/post/95951947831/deconstructing-masculinity-manhood-with-michael"]Source[/URL]. Male Entitlement 101, the woman who gets the job is less entitled to it it than I am despite the fact I didn't get it and have no right to it whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Back toe the vikings for a moment, this wording kind of annoys me:
    Women may have accompanied male Vikings in those early invasions of England, in much greater numbers than scholars earlier supposed, (Researcher) McLeod concludes. Rather than the ravaging rovers of legend, the Vikings arrived as marriage-minded colonists.
    So we know that between a third and a half of viking warriors were female and were buried with swords and shields. Yet they still aren't considered part of the Viking invasions, they are just accompanying the men as 'marriage-minded colonists'. I mean this study completely blows way the idea that warrior women in the viking era were rare oddities but they still have to step back and frame womens contributions in much more passive terms than they ever would for men. The assumption is still there that the women were just tagging along for the ride.
    (yes I know there are some issues with the way the original report was discussed, not interested in a debate about the actual numbers and assumptions and whatnot)
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-02-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Plenty of people. There were a bunch of videos on youtube at one point, probably still there, which just featured people attacking female NPCs and whatnot. I'm a big fan of the Hitman series but it is extraordinarily sexist far too often.
    There probably is idiots just doing what they can, but thats not how the game is intended to be played, and the fact she claimed it is is misrepresentation.
    You've played dishonoured haven't you. Do you really recognise her discription of it as the game you played? (come on if you play hitman wrong you make it harder for yourself)
    I'll be the first to agree that the treatment of women online needs to improve, but thats because it needs to improve in real life. And it could do with a figure head to lead the way. But this Anita isn't it. I stand by my earlier comment, she's talking out of her arse.

- - - Updated - - -

We already knew female vikings had more rights than women of the time, it's not that surprising that they'd allow those capable to fight as well.

Chapter-Master

ffs what a ridiculous thing to get [URL="http://character-equals-destiny.tumblr.com/post/96510057557/whats-the-craziest-thing-youve-ever-done"]suspended for.[/URL]