BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 701 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711751801 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 10008

Yeah, there's no other LGS here aside from the GW store in the city, and that's a 30 minute train ride away. Most of my friends play there, so I play there alongside them and I've been teaching a few people there, too. Teaching starters is pretty fun, actually, as you can play fairly small points games.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Just finished the latest Walking Dead game episode, and it made me realise how much of a travesty it is that I forgot Clementine on my list of great female lead characters. (Walking Dead's cast is also full of other great characters, male and female.) She's a strong character who is still a God-damn 11 year old girl, and they play with the, "she's just a kid, leave her alone," versus the fact she's a capable character very well in the way characters deal with her in Season Two.

Banned

Banned

file as oh_snap.jpg

As for who she is:

First woman to complete the American qualifying course, which is hugely upper body focussed and regarded as actually the toughest course of them all (it shoudl be noted that Ayako Miyake and Chie Tanabe both completed the Japanese course), standing at 5' nothing the former gymnast scaled the 15' high warped wall which sees a huge number of knockouts with ease:

That's awesome, meant to post something about that but forgot.>< Worth nothing that wall would probably be extra difficult for shorter people, which would be a bigger disadvantage for women in general.

Love the '**** you' to Ubisoft too. The huge shame with Unity and the turdstains defending that decision was that the Assassins don't actually operate on brute strength, they are like fencers that do parkour. Women would be just as capable.

Edit: Oh god that creepy texts video.><
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-26-2014 at 04:08 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

That defence is even more non-sensical as the games have already had female assassins.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

So the scheduling people at SDCC are geniuses. Apparently they put the Womens Representation panel right before teh supremely popular Marvel panel in the main hall so all the Marvel fanboys had to sit through an hour of some of the most impressive women in the industry talk about why representation is important. Hope they learnt something.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I wish the organisation at LFCC was remotely as coherent as that.

Chapter-Master

LFCC like MCM expo is just a dealers room with an entry fee, it's not like a proper convention.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

There aren't many decent cons over here that we can find. LFCC was massively disappointing tbh, no atmosphere, everything carried a charge, overpacked and no cosplay either. MCM at least had atmosphere and cosplays down, but the guest list was crappy. :/