BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 848 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 348748798838846847848849850858898948 ... LastLast
Results 8,471 to 8,480 of 10008

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    "it isn't comparable to feminism"

So you're dismissing it then.

- - - Updated - - -

Your attitude to other fights offends me personally.

What do you think of climate change and protecting the planet? The literal thing that keeps us alive is being killed every day by pollution.

- - - Updated - - -

What about terrorism and war?
    An innocent human being was just decapitated, for seemingly pointless reasons. Oh, no, it's a man, it's fine.

I think I'd rather be allies to reasonable human beings who actually do their part for feminism and equality. At the end of the day, I don't see you out there on the picket lines vocalising your protest with me and the other dozens who do.

Don't try to judge what you don't even know Romanov.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Don't try to judge what you don't even know Romanov.
    What it's like being female in modern society?

I could quite easily flip the question, but that will only put us in circular debate, so let's not go there.

Banned

I don't get you there?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences_in_suicide[/url]

Dont worry, nothing to see here, certainly not evidence that gender discrimination is not solely targeted at women
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Banned

From the article:

One common explanation relies on the social constructions of hegemonic masculinity and femininity. In a review of the literature on gender and suicide, male suicide rates were explained in terms of traditional gender roles. Male gender roles tend to emphasize greater levels of strength, independence, and risk-taking behavior.[8] Reinforcement of this gender role often prevents males from seeking help for suicidal feelings and depression.[9]

Another factor closely tied to gender roles is employment status. Males' vulnerability may be heightened during times of unemployment because of gendered expectations that males should provide for themselves and their families.[9]

Almost like it's caused by the very thing feminism seeks to dismantle... weird.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    From the article:

Almost like it's caused by the very thing feminism seeks to dismantle... weird.
    Almost like it states that men can also be subject to systematic gender discrimination....but that can't be right, it says that doesnt happen like a page back in this thread

edit: dammit, I told myself I was just going to sit back and watch the fireworks this time....sigh
    Last edited by daboarder; 11-17-2014 at 05:41 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

You're trying to get me to say "no, I don't know what it's like to be a woman", on a similar vein, I could ask EldarGal if she knows what it is like to be a man in a modern society. To which she'd spout some disapproving bs. Then everything just descends the downward spiral. Look, I don't much care what is said about me on some forum via the medium of digital code, because I know that I am a good and rational human being. This is what has earned me the respect that I have gained in my life, I work hard and treat everyone fairly. I don't care if you're a woman or a man, if you step out of line or don't pull your weight, I will shout at you.
    The one female that we have in the kitchen is overweight and lazy as f*ck. She gets the same treatment as the rest of my staff. I will stand up for her if anyone is being unfair, but I will correct her if she is doing a bad job. For that is my job. In addition to this, the male staff will also be shouted at. If anything, I shout at them more because they piss around more.